WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Guest Writer #28: Carmom

Day 7/31

Welp, here we are guys...the last guest post of the week,,,well the week of December, not this week since it's only Wednesday...you get the idea lol. Anyways, enjoy...

Amidst all the work that I have been swamped with recently, I am thankful for this opportunity to rest and write up a blog post! 

People have once said that there is always a ‘mom’ of a friend group, and somehow I have ended up in that position. Yes, it means picking up after people if they forget something, and also even keeping track of other people’s schedules so that things will stay smooth sailing. 

For some people, those tasks seem very overwhelming, but at the same time for others (the ‘group moms’!), it’s in our nature. We have grown to care for others and be interested in knowing that others are doing well. However, it isn’t always perfect and easy. Too often do we become overwhelmed and the biggest ‘worrier’. I even remember that there was a time when I couldn’t stop thinking about someone’s problem, and it gave me so much unrest, even though I could only pray for him. 

This is where Christ comes in! I have been giving this opportunity and have chosen to write on this topic, not because I’ve got it all together, but to remind those who are like me of someone who is Almighty and has control. 

We aren’t always able to keep track of everything. 24 hours is not merely enough to have everything together and set, but that’s okay! We aren’t equipped to do so. We aren’t ‘meta-human’ (Flash reference for all those who watch the Flash out there!). There are even times when we have become broken and pulled down to rock bottom. 

But we don’t need to fear! This past week, when I myself had been overwhelmed, a friend of mine shared one of his favourite verses with me to help relieve my stress. 

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33 

Just like the verse says, He has already overcome the world. Christ has died and come back to life. He paid for our sins and the imperfections of this world. It’s a vast and grand idea to process and take in, but slowly day by day, we’ll be able to understand it a tad better. 

I pray for those ‘moms’ out there that they also remember that we can lay our loads on His shoulders, because we can rest in the comfort that He can carry it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment