WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

What's Your Purpose In Life?

Day 13/31

What's good, hope you're doing well. If you're still in high school, hang in there...if you're doing exams right there, you got this you're almost there...and if you're like me and you're done exams and you're just chilling...CHEERS. So whenever I tell people I'm doing a humanities program for a year...they're like what's humanities...and I'm just like, well it's the study of...humans...and humankind. LOOOL...like all the courses I'm taking are related to just how humanity and humans have changed and are changing. So one of my courses is like Contemporary Pop Culture like I said...seeing the evolution of like pop culture. Another one of my course is called Film, Television and Society and again, just the evolution of what the course says...film, television and society.So this other course I'm taking is called Humanities for a Global Age...and that just talks about humans and humankind from a very general perspective...like arts, music, culture, love all that stuff. So one day in tutorial we were talking about like marriage and stuff and my TA (teaching assistant) goes yeah divorce nowadays is so tempting, most people are like oh I'm not going to heaven anyways. If one partner doesn't work out, might as well go find another one or something. She started going on a tangent about like the life and the purpose of it and how most people take it as like oh, one life...gotta live it right and stuff. Now...I don't know what you believe in...your religion or non-religion, your ethics, morals or whatever...but I challenge you to ask yourself...what's your purpose in life? Like if you don't believe in say life after death...then what's your purpose in this life you're living right now...is to to make a lot of money and spend it on stuff...is it to party, hook up and have as much fun as you possibly can...or is it something else? People always say like yeah I wanna live life to the fullest, make every minute and moment count. But like...what then? Say you work hard for like 30 years of your life...it's not like you're gonna spend the rest of it just blowing all the money you made and have fun until you die...you start thinking about saving up for your family and making sure their life is easier. So again, I ask the question what next? I don't wanna go all like religious on you you know cuz that can go on for ages...but I am a christian...and for me...one of the biggest things to me is this overwhelming feeling in my heart...that there HAS to be more to this life that just what we do on earth you know. There HAS to be something more than just living on this earth for 80+ years, dying and then that's it...there has to be more than that. And that's kinda what shapes at least my own answer of my purpose in life. But for you, whatever you believe or don't believe in...this life...if you really do believe that this is it...80 or so years on this earth and that's it...you just kinda...fade to black...then it's like what's your purpose on this earth...with your however many years of life that you have. I dunno, just a thought that was sparked when my TA went on her rant lol. See y'all tomorrow, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment