WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, November 07, 2013

Guest Writer #5: Someone You Used To Know


We live in a world... where we are ushered into to become adults while still having a child's mentality. Four years after highschool, we have to determine what we want to do with our lives. I mean for some people, they know exactly what they want to do and I mean to all the power to you. But a lot of us are in constant contemplation if the program we are in will actually work out for us. To be quite honest, I was in the same boat. Three years into a program completed, had a year and a bit left. But the constant worries of whether or not what I was doing would land me a great job, made me look elsewhere because in today's job market... there isn't that many jobs at all. My plan was law school and teachers college, but with the amount of teachers that have lost their jobs... makes you question will I ever find a good job. Which is why I transitioned into a completely different program, leaving close friends behind which I rarely see anymore which I miss their company immensely but I had to what was best for me.... Some may question why I changed programs when I had like a year left. I mean yeah your're right but at the same time, I value TIME more than MONEY any day. Cause with money you can always make that back, but a second goes by and you can never make that back... Which is why I made that decision.I know a lot of my friends who graduated from university, but went back for school because there wasn't any jobs available for them. Which is why I made the decision to change programs all together, so my advice to anyone who reads this... is actually use the time you have now to think about what you want to do with your lives... cause once you let that second go by... There is no way its coming back... like 2pac said... "You see the old way wasn'tworking so it's on us to do..what we gotta do to survive/

No comments:

Post a Comment