WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, December 09, 2016

What's Your Escape/Outlet?

Day 9/31

Sup folks, so yesterday I was so eager and in such a rush to get the post out that I forgot to thank the lovely people that did me the solid and participated me my week of guest posts...y'all are appreciated and hope I wasn't too annoying if I kept badgering you about getting me the post lol, thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. If y'all missed it, here you go;

Guest Writer #22: Inner Self
Guest Writer #23: G
Guest Writer #24: Nuji
Guest Writer #25: Broccoli
Guest Writer #26
Guest Writer #27: Dak
Guest Writer #28: Carmom

So with that being said, let's get on to today's post. So I'm taking this class called Contemporary Pop Culture...and we just talk about how pop culture (music, tv, movies, media, etc) has changed over time, we compare it back then vs right now and it's dope cuz it's a seminar so we get all different points of views and such. So this was one of the posts saved on my phone, but was inspired to finish it with the release of J. Cole's mixtape 4 Your Eyez Only, if you know me you'll know J. Cole is probably my favourite rapper. I'd say the 2 most influential/people I really resonate with are J. Cole and Drake...something about their lyrics just really hits you...whether it's relationships, friends, life, the world, for my at least...it's really relatable. So anyways, I was doing my presentation one day during class about how media and culture has an impact on our lives, it serves as an outlet or a source of release. When some people are stressed, they go shopping, they listen to music, they binge watch shows. It's crazy to think something like that has now become so many things other than what it was originally intended for. Entertainment, distraction, expression...music, movies, shopping, food...all serves those purposes, it's crazy. One big thing I was reading about in class is this generation's desire to NOT be bored...we always have to be doing something; watching tv, listening to music, playing games, shopping. Pop culture becomes this escape from boredom, from life's worries, from life's responsibilities. In the same way I find comfort and relief in writing on this blog or listening to music...other people may find in watching a movie, shopping, eating or reading a book. It's just crazy to be how powerful media and stuff can be. Music for example...for me, is so inspiring, motivational and engaging most of all. I enjoy J. Cole and Drake so much because their lyrics speak to me in so many ways...there's songs and lyrics for any kind of emotion that you're feeling. Take it one step further...my boy's been sending me hella korean songs lately and I've been really getting into it and getting the feels...I don't even understand what's being said...but I feel the emotion you know. For me at least...music acts far beyond just entertainment...it's inspiration for this blog, it's comfort for those moody days, it's wisdom and knowledge that things'll always get better. I dunno, just thought I'd share that with you, found it pretty cool and that one class when I presented and we had that discussion was probably one of the most interesting classes I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment