WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Guest Writer #3: TC

Guest Writer #1: SpeakingMyMind
Guest Writer #2: Letters To You


First off, I just really want to thank Rodmond for letting me use his blog and just express some of the things that have really been on my mind lately. I think ever since I have gone off to university I have just fallen so far away from god. He’s something that almost non-existant to me, someone that I talk about occasionally, but never truly experience myself. Something that really hit me, but something I always knew was what Jefferson Bethke said. Can you really say that you have a loving relationship with god, someone that you love and know, like your wife and your friends? In these recent weeks I have just been awoken by a lot of the messages and things that have surrounded me, however I still have one feet in the world. I want to get closer to god, I want to glorify him. However, at the same time I’m still so tempted by the things of this world, success, partying, pride, etc. I think that one thing that was just really awoken my thirst for god, is this one girl. I don’t know her all that well, and I just recently met her at a party. I thought she was so cute, and that I would love to meet her. However, later on I found out that she is a Christian, and is one that is actually committed to Christ. Here I am drinking and doing things that may not be pleasing to god, and here is a godly women that seeks Christ. I think that really showed me that if I ever wanted to get into a relationship with her, or another god seeking women, I really need to evaluate myself first. I need to change a lot of my ways and prepare myself to be the right man. Because when the time comes, and god has blessed me with the person that I will spend the rest of my life, I want to be ready, I want to be able to “love my wife like Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her” –Ephesians 5:22-33. I want to grow in Christ together with her, rather than making her stumble. I want to be the godly man that god envisioned in the scriptures. Someone that can keep his heart pure in times of temptations, has integrity, works hard, devotes himself to god, and never give up. I want be the man that she can grow together in Christ with.

-TC

No comments:

Post a Comment