WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 10, 2016

I Slid Into Her DM's

Day 10/31

Sometimes, I feel like too much time to myself is a bad thing...I start thinking too much about things I shouldn't be, about things that have no positive affect on my life and I guess specifically my mental health. I literally have to consciously tell myself to leave it alone, it's not healthy.

But anyways, diverging from that sour note...BOOOOOY do I have a story for y'all. Now I'm definitely sure I've told this before, like a couple years ago, cuz that's when it happened, but I don't think I told the story in it's entirety, so here we go. So I took this one class like 3 years ago with my boy and we used to sit together. He knew some people in the class, so here's how it would go....I would sit next to him, then next to him would be these 3 girls that he knew. Now one of these girls (let's call her Julie), I thought was really cute, but she didn't really come to class that often as her friends, so I wouldn't see her that much, so I was like whatever. Here's the thing, the more I saw Julie, the cuter I thought she was, but we had never talked, actually I don't think I talked with any of those girls except like one of them. So the thought floated in and out of my mind of maybe talking to her and asking her to study or chill or something, but I was like ehhhh. Now remember how I made that post called Don't Think, Just Do It, well I feel this was one of those situations where life kept presenting me with opportunities to talk to her and it was up to me to take it. So I remember during one of our exams, we were separated by last names into different rooms and Julie was in my room. There was like maybe 30 people in the room and COINCIDENTALLY, we both handed in our exams at the same time, made eye contact and smiled at each other. That was it...Rodmond you idiot. Fast forward to the LAST DAY OF CLASS...the class is 3 hours keep in mind. I'm sitting with my boy and the 2 of the girls, I see Julie sitting like 2 rows down and class is about to finish. My heart's already beating hella fast, I sense that life is like shoving this opportunity in my face the way those annoying people try to hand you fliers at the mall. I'm like ALRIGHT, I'm gonna approach her. Next thing I know...she gets up and leaves class....even though it's not even over yet. I start freaking out like shoot...what do I do? Like I swear THREE MINUTES pass by...class is over...I get up and all I say to my boy is "watch my stuff, I'll be right back" and I RUN OUTSIDE to try to find this girl. Bro I went every single direction, even went outside...I couldn't find her, I was sad...that walk back to class was slow and very depressing LOL. My boy calls me like yo where're you at? I meet up with him and he's like yo did you go chase after that girl LOOL, I'm like yeah man, I missed her. He's like yo you know where the girls thought you went, they thought you ran out cuz you had to take a dump LOOOOOL, I died. So that was the last day of class...I was heartbroken, sorta...I was like, I'll never see her again, check that off as another missed opportunity. Fast forward to the final exam, we're in some HUGE room. My boy and I walk to the exam, walking past tables...and he goes yo...isn't that her? I'm like YOOOOOOO it is....so we sit in the column beside her (rows are horizontal, columns are vertical), she's like couple rows ahead of me and then a bit to the right, I'm like ALRIGHT...life has presented me with a second final opportunity, I'M REEEEADY. One of the supervisors comes to my boy and I and goes oh you're in the wrong seat, this is for another section...I'm like bruhhhhhhhhh...so we move hella far like I'd say around half the size of a basketball court is between us right now. My boy is like yo, I can still see her, she's over there. I KID YOU NOT...this is an EXAM. My eyes are LOCKED on this girl...I'm doing my exam, but like every 5 seconds I lift my head up to make sure she's still there as I continue to rush through this exam LOOOL. Like 40 minutes into the exam, I'm done...I look up...SHE'S GONE...I look at my boy like yo peace out...and I hand in my exam, run out the door and again try to find her...to no avail...life continues to laugh at me. I was talking to the same boy that night and I'm like dang man, I'm literally never going to see her again. This is still the same night, my parents are driving me home from the exam cuz it was a late night exam...my boy texts me like yo...my friend (one of the two girls from class) follows her on twitter and vice versa, I'm like noooo way. I'm sitting in the car...looking at her twitter profile like...IT'S HER, IT'S HER...like a good 5% of my knew that it was hella weird and probably creepy to message her on twitter, but the other 95% of me was like nahhhh I ain't missing this chance. So I hit her up, to the best of my knowledge I was like "hey, I know this is really random, but I think I'm in your psyc class and I thought you were really cute and I wanted to approach you but missed you a couple of times and I told myself I couldn't let this opportunity pass lol". So here I am...sitting in the car...heart beating hella fast like oh shoot...that was hella weird, what the heck is she gonna think. I remember she was like ohh yeah, I've seen you a bunch of times, you sit with so and so right....and CONVERSATION ENSUEDDDDD. Honetsly, nothing happened tho...we followed each other on like social media and such, we talked for a bit...I found out she actually had a boyfriend (tears.....), but we ended up chilling like once which was dope. If anything, the one thing I took away from this crazy rollercoaster story, journey, adventure...was that I'm glad I did it, I didn't leave myself with any what if's....cuz that's honestly one of the worst feelings...what if this, what if that, what if only...so I'm proud of myself lol, hope y'all enjoyed that weird, random, crazy story...till tomorrow, SEEEEE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment