WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, July 08, 2016

This May Offend You...

I know for a fact this may offend some people...which is why I chose not to write this directly onto Facebook but it's truly not my intention to. But after tonight...like this isn't even the first incident that's made me get to this point. What do you do when you strongly disagree with how the church you go to is being run? What do you when the supposed "senior" pastor aka the reverend...well you don't respect him whatsoever. I've never considered myself a rebellious person and I still don't. I constantly tell you guys how quiet and shy I am. I'm the kinda person who usually speaks whe spoken to and I usually only speak UP when there's a problem or it's something that's REALLY bothering me. Like I HATE church politics...biggest reason I don't like getting too involved with the church. But how do you ruin and make something such as basketball or softball so complicated. I'm a believer in submission to authority I really am...but I need to know the reasoning behind the authorities. I'm not just gonna listen to you because you say you're a teacher, a pastor, a respected person. You can still make mistakes. The biggest pissoff is when the middle men, the second in command or whatever tell you you can't do something and when you ask why it's because the "leader" or person in charge says so. But what's their reasoning...I'll fully stop or not so something IF given a legitimate reason or explanation...but stopping something I like or am passionate about just because someone in a position of power tells me to...I can't really agree with. I FULLY understand that a pastor or a reverend is in that position for a reason...through many years or experience and such...but that DOES NOT mean they don't make mistakes NOR does it mean everything they say is correct. I'm pretty angry right now...and it's not even about basketball anymore. I didn't wanna write this at first because I was at a solid 10...I calmed myself down to like a 7 and decided to write how I'm feeling. I reiterate my opening questions. WHAT...do you do when you don't agree with how your church is being run and the "policies" they have? And what do you do when you don't really or don't at all...respect the person that's "in charge"? I'm done with this garbage...peace.

I may regret these words tomorrow...but I've felt these same feelings towards the same people COUNTLESS amount of times...that it can't just be me and my "rebellious" attitude...can it?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it matter? Afterall you go to church not for the pastor or the way he runs it but for God right? I don't believe in superiority; I believe in reason.

    Think you're fine. Don't regret those words. Such honesty is hard to come by :)

    Best,
    Geraldine (cousin from across the pacific)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey cuz,

      I would it does matter to a certain extent when you've been at the church for a real long time and especially when you're serving in many areas of the church, but I definitely see where you're coming from and I agree as well.

      Delete