WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, December 16, 2016

How Do You Know If You're Ready For A Relationship?

Day 16/21

As eager as I was to celebrate the 7th anniversary of the blog, I was also happy to get it over and done with so we can get back to what y'all REALLY are here for...the juicy stuff...LOOL.

So I guess you can say this is more catered to the guys...but girls that doesn't mean you need to close this page, I'm sure you'll be able to take some stuff away. On a completely random note, sometimes I feel like I come off as if I think I have like decades of wisdom under my belt...LOOOL. Well I don't...everything I say is just opinion, based on experience and observing...it's up to you to do whatever you want with it lol.

So I was originally gonna title this 'how do you know if you're ready for love' but decided to stick with this title instead. So I've been talking to a bunch of my guy friends lately...and is there really a decisive answer to when you know you're ready for a relationship. All 3 of my friends more or less said the same thing...that they're getting to that age where they wanna settle down, before it's 'too late'. They feel they're at the right age, right mental space, financial stable, right maturity (debatable for some) and are kinda just waiting for the right girl you know. But I feel like it's not as easy as saying oh...I've got the money, the time, the love...just waiting for the girl, it's so much more than that. I was talking with my friends how you can't be too eager and settle for the first cute girl you see...but you also can't be too patient and too picky and let opportunities pass you by. Active pursuit right...the ability to discern and take initiative when appropriate are all signs of maturity, or readiness. You don't wanna rush into something and regret it later on...or rush into a relationship only to realize you don't love that person. Don't get influenced by who or what's around you...that's probably one of the hardest things...seeing your friends or just people around you all together, doing couple-y things...especially now with Christmas time rolling around and it seems like everyone has someone...don't fall into that trap.What I told all my friends...is that you gotta change your perception...instead of looking at how many people are in relationships and being sad...look at how many people are single and happy, enjoying life and such. Like life...everyone moves at their own pace with these kinds of things, it makes the moment...YOUR moment all the more sweeter and memorable. Sometimes, it might be the right girl, but the wrong time...sometimes it might be the right time, but the wrong girl...those are things you gotta figure out for yourself my friend. One last thing I wanna say...which is probably the first thing to consider before asking yourself if you're ready for a relationship...is where are you at...where are you at from a mental standpoint, a maturity standpoint...and so on. Can you take care of yourself, are you mature enough for a serious relationship, are you ready and willing to take care of another person and possibly put their needs above your own. That's what I mean by there's so many things to consider besides whether you have stuff like money, time or love to give. You gotta look inwardly and ask yourself...am I ready for a relationship...or is this because I wanna fit it, because it feels right, because it seems fun or something. There is no right answer and nobody can give you a specific answer because everyone is at different stages and going to approach it differently, it's something you gotta really ask and evaluate about yourself and that is a really big sign of maturity. To be able to have a moment of introspection with yourself and possibly tell yourself...maybe I'm not ready for a relationship, but how can I get to the point where I will be read.

Stay tuned tomorrow for I guess what you could say a kinda continuation of this post in a sense...see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment