WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Guest Writer #27: Dak

Day 6/31

Today it fully hit me that "you're halfway there Rodmond, enjoy this break, rest up...the finish line is almost there". I'm in a really good place right now...everything feels...right, that's not to say that there aren't ups and downs...it's saying that despite whatever is happening in my life right now...it feels...right you know. Everything and everyone in my life, wherever they are...it just seems right at the current moment. I'm feeling really content, rested...and lemme finish my saying that blog post ideas are coming up quick and often in my head..I can't wait to catch y'all up...peace.

I want to begin by thanking the homie Rodmond for giving me an opportunity to be a guest writer on his blog. Keep doing you! The last time I actually pulled up a word document was back in school, and man does that bring back memories. There’s so much I want to talk about but I’ll try to keep it short and sweet, hopefully I don’t bore you guys.

24 years of living and I’m more than happy with where life has taken me. But am I fully satisfied? No. Life has no limits and anything is achievable. Now you may be sitting there and saying to yourself, “What is this guy talking about, everyone says anything is possible but it isn’t”. Well there’s your first mistake. When you don’t believe in yourself, life’s a lot harder. Growing up I wasn’t the brightest kid; many would even say I was below average. Getting 60s and 70s in high school was good enough for me, but wasn’t good enough to get me into my dream university, let alone a single award at graduation. My parents told me they were proud of me but I knew they weren’t. Having an older sibling with the brain of a genius didn’t help either. University came at me in a hurry and I didn’t make a single adjustment. There was no attendance, nobody cared if I did my homework, nobody would wake me up during lectures; life was perfect. The year went by pretty quick and I was ready for second year. That is until I got I got my grades. I remember that night clearly, staring at my computer screen and seeing Cs and Ds (mainly Ds). I also noticed a little note at the bottom of the page. I was getting kicked out of my program… That’s when everything changed.

Where was this going to take me in life? Sure I’d be able to get a job without an education, but would I be satisfied as a person? Hell no. I knew nobody was going to force me to change as a person. I had to take the initiative and change my habits, and that’s exactly what I did. I managed to stay in my program and eventually graduate.

If you’ve made it this far, trust me you’ll want to continue reading. Now you’re probably sitting there reading this and saying to yourself, “My parents want me going into business or becoming a doctor, but f**k that.” You’re completely right. F**k that. There’s a reason why universities offer hundreds of programs. Do something you enjoy. Do you really want to let someone else decide what you’re going to do for the rest of your life? My biggest fear was getting a job and waking up every morning with no motivation. And trust me I went through that; it’s the worst feeling. Finding yourself is the hardest part of life, but when you achieve that anything is possible. Life isn’t perfect but take what you can get and learn from your mistakes. I often take pride in opportunities that others take for granted and that’s why I believe I am where I am today.

I could go on forever but I think I’ll end it here. Just remember, before you make a decision about anything always ask yourself, “Will I be able to look back at this 10 years from now and be satisfied?”

No comments:

Post a Comment