WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Love Is A Risk

Day 17/31


I've never watched an episode of Seinfeld, but it's only of the highest rated shows of all time. Jerry Seinfeld is a hella dope and wise guy...Wale (a rapper) does this dope thing on his album where he inserts a lot of Seinfeld clips into his songs that fit the theme. The clip above is from a ssong called "The Matrimony"...which obviously relates to a wedding. How you can never truly be ready for it, for love, for a relationship...it's new, it's a new stage of life. But that's the point, I don't think you can ever be or are meant to be fully prepared for love, for a relationship. My favourite analogy he used was the jumping off of one planet to another. I used that to describe relationships to my friend. It's like you and your partner are on opposite sides of a cliff or your 'planet'. Love...a relationship...is jumping off your cliff when you think you're ready...hoping that the other person will be there to catch you...otherwise you fall. The scary thing about jumping...about falling in love...is there isn't no safety net...when you jump, you jump and someone is either gonna be there or not. Love is a risk, but you can't sit back in comfort waiting for everything to be handed to you, for the girl to hit you up, ask you out, get on her knee and ask you to marry her. I think moreso for the guy, we gotta take that first step, that first leap...and hope someone i on the other side to catch us. It's tough, it's scary, but that's how you grow, that's how you learn. Sorry if this seems rushed right now, I've been doing this thing where I write posts really early on days I have plans at night so I can just post it later when I'm out, but yeah, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment