WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 22, 2016

How Important Is Your Family?

Day 22/31

Hey friends, sorry for the late post...but better late than no post, what started as a slow day turned into a long night lol. But anyways, how important is your family to you? I'm not talking about your immediate family like your parents and your siblings...but your relatives...and I guess throw in your siblings, but we'll get into that later. I told my friend today that as a kid, I used to love huge family gatherings...whether during Christmas, New Years or Chinese New Years...those were probably the big 3. Aside from the gifts and the money, I truly enjoyed seeing all my cousins together, see how much they've changed and grown and letting them see how much I've changed and grown and 'swagged up'. One of my biggest wishes as a kid was all my relatives from Canada, Singapore and wherever else to be together in one place and just chilling and having a good time. I think as I've gotten older tho...it's become less and less important to me. Those gatherings that happen like 3 or so times a year shorten to maybe only once a year...and it becomes less of a priority and more of a chore for me to go, and that's unfortunate. I think what hits me harder tho is that...my aunts and uncles...well these people are my parents' siblings...these are my mom and dad's brothers and sisters essentially...and the fact that they only see them once a year or sometimes never within a year...is scary. I only have one brother...and one of my biggest bucket list goals is to keep in contact with him when we grow up and start our own families. I want our kids to be friends...to see each other often and be close cousins....I always envied the kids in my high school who were like yeah man, my cousin and I are best friends. Like I only have one brother...so my kids are only gonna have one set of cousins...not counting second cousins and such. I want our families to be close...I wanna see my brother more than just once a year...that's my brother you know. I don't know how you guys feel about stuff like that...or how close your parents are to their siblings...it scares me thinking about how rarely my parents see their siblings or even talk to them on the phone...it's like they don't even knoow how they're doing you know. That sucks...and I'm really hoping that doesn't happen to me and my brother...and to my kids. I hope and want them to know who their uncle is...their cousins...and to look forward to these huge family gatherings the way I did when I was a kid. But yeah...I hope you guys are having a dope holiday so far...buying gifts, enjoying the holiday spirit, spending time with family...and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment