WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Favourite Movies

Day 11/31

Hey friends, just thought I'd let y'all know yesterday's post absolutely blew up, but of course it did. When I wrote it and thought of the title...I was like...FOR SURE this is gonna get everyone's attention, no doubt about it lol. Thought I'd hit y'all with something more light hearted today, so I've been watching a lot of movies lately now that I'm done exams...and this is one of the blog topics I had saved on my phone from a while back. I was like lacking inspiration one night and started searching up things regular...'regular' (LOL) people write on their blogs and stumbled upon this cool idea. So here we go...at first I intended on doing a top 10, but I couldn't narrow it down to 10 so I tried 15, but then I couldn't cut any one of these movies from the list...so here y'all go, in no particular order...my 16 favourite movies (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

Love And Basketball
- you can't call yourself a fan of the game of basketball if you haven't seen this movie...every dude's dream of being neighbours with a girl who loves ball as much or more than he does and falling in love with one another...nuff said

Class Act
- an older and probably lesser know, but HILARIOUS film about 2 dudes who accidentally switch identities and kinda go with the flow...one being a super smart genius nerd and the other being a hood, ghetto, criminal delinquent...

Coach Carter
- what is your deepest fear? You'll get that reference if you watch the movie...a modern day basketball cinderella story, plus...Samuel L. Jackson is the coach, nuff said

Boyz N The Hood
- an absolute classic....about brothers, family, gangs and violence and ultimate trying to make it out of that life...probably one of if not the most iconic black films ever made

Remember The Titans
- you have to know this movie, it's a classic...Denzel Washington absolutely kills it in this...a story about football and racism...whites and blacks going to school together, playing football together and learning about each other and themselves

Glory Raod
- pretty much the basketball version of Remember The Titans, only reason I'd give a nod to Remember the Titans is cuz Denzel Washington is one dang good actor, ball is still life

Freedom Writers
- something about like authority figures (teachers, coaches) being really passionate about their jobs and the people they're in charge of is super dope you know...this teacher goes above and beyond to motivate, inspire and teach her students despite like racism, segregation, violence and such

Think Like A Man
- first time I watched this movie it was absoultely hilarious, but very relatable and true as well...it's like the title says, these women have to think like men to protect themselves from being hurt and taken advantage of but the men kinda turn it around on them...it's hilarious and Kevin Hart is in it...soundtrack is so dope too

Pursuit of Happiness
- probably my favourite Wll Smith movie, I also took a quote for my graduation blurb in the yearbook, it's super dope...Wll Smith not having much, struggling to make ends meet and provide for his son...shelter, food, job...but his determination and perseverance is unbelievable

Dear John
- so one day I was sitting around channel surfing and this movie came on and something inside me was curious and I decided to watch it and I loved it...LOOOL, now whenever this movie comes on, I literally stop whatever I'm doing and watch ut...it's so captivating for some reason...this dude writing letters to this girl he met and vice versa...until one day the letters from her stop...it's so heart warming but sad and great at the same time

The Proposal
- I think I was chilling with like a couple of my friends one night and they wanted to watch a rom com and someone suggested this and it was one of those things where I was like ugh...fine...then ended up loving the movie lol...Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock fake an engagement to prevent her from being deported or something like that...it's hilarious cuz she has to meet his family and they have to pretend they\re married

300
- the ultimate 'guy' movie...it's so dope, I can't explain it...it's not just brutality, but in a sense it kinda is...with like strategy and it's the ultimate underdog story...300 spartans vs like tens of thousands of persian soldiers...THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA

Enemy Of The State
- another Will Smith movie...this one made me realize how scary the government can be...its about like the passing of a bill that would allow the government to monitor any phone call they want...and Will Smith plays this guy who has something they want and they try to like capture him essentially...they like bug his house, his phone, his clothes and such...it's crazy

Toy Story 3
- I literally grew up with Toy Story...if you've ever played with toy, action figures, barbies or stuffed animals as a kid, this movie is for you...and especially Toy Story 3...SPOILER ALERT...when he gives his toys away to go to college...it was like DANG, that transition from childhood to adulthood was too real man...

Friday
- probably THE funniest movie ever...the amount of quotable lines and memes from this movie...it's so jokes...basically Ice Cube gets fired from his job and him and Chris Tucket just chill on a Friday...but like soooo much happens and it's absolutely hilarious LOOOL

Infernal Affairs
- the only chinese movie on this list...if you've seen The Departed, that was based on this movie...a star studded cast for one...it's a spy vs spy movie essentially...where the cop is really an informant for gang and the dude in the gang is really a police officer and they try to find out the identity of the other person in a spy vs spy, cat vs mouse kinda game...it's so intense...

No comments:

Post a Comment