WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 05, 2016

Guest Writer #26

Day 5/31

Today's guest writer has chosen to remain unnamed and I will respect that request. Man, lemme say I can't wait till the guest posts are done...mainly cuz I'm just itching to talk to y'all lol...but I really am enjoying reading the guest posts...it gives y'all something completely different than what I usually offer. Different perspectives, stories, styles, it's nice...it's refreshing and I feel it's needed sometimes. Hope y'all are continuing to enjoy it as much as I am. 

First off, thanks to Rodmond for asking me to do this guest writing thing. Been really swamped this past month and when I started to think about what I could write about, I realized there wasn’t much on my mind other than what assignment was coming up next or about what the people around me were going through and how I’ve been so caught up in everything around me that I haven’t really taken much time for myself as of late. Before, I never really understood when people said that the only way to calm down and figure things out was to take time to yourself and reflect just with you and your own thoughts, I always thought that was so weird because I would never be able to decide what I wanted myself and every time I went through something I always had to talk it out with someone. Recently I’ve become more and more aware that doing that every time I went through something ended up putting myself in situations that I didn’t want, decisions that I didn’t want made, and even though it’s still my tendency to talk to someone else about stuff I’ve realized that it’s okay not to know what to do. It’s okay to take time by yourself and be super confused cause eventually something’s gonna click and you’re gonna know what to do and it’s all gonna be okay. But I think along with this, there are so many things people told me before that I never believed until it happened to me. I never thought I’d be getting 50s and 60s above that, I never thought that I’d be okay with that and get over it and move on and learn from it. My parents have never put the biggest emphasis on marks but I’d always let myself get super anxious about it and let my marks practically define who I am as a person. After the fact, I’ve become super grateful of not doing super great in school sometimes cause it made me realize that it’s okay to not do that great cause at the end of the day that’s not what makes up who you are. I’ve also noticed that for the first time in a long time I’ve got a solid friend group and I don’t have to worry about that anymore. I’ve always been kinda a floater and friends with different people rather than a specific group. Everyone always says that you start up with a ton of friends and you slowly begin to realize which ones are the real ones, the ones that are always gonna be there for you and that you can joke around with and talk about serious stuff and chill with without actually having to do anything because each other’s company is enough. I guess I just thought that that wouldn’t be me, that I’d stick with all my friends all through my life but they were right. People I thought I’d be close with forever drifted and people that I never even thought I could be friends with have become like family to me. So even though I’ve ended up in a place that I never really saw myself being in, I’m super grateful for everything I have now. Life has a funny way of working everything out before you even realize what’s going on. Thanks again to Rodmond for asking me to do this, and super sick of you to run your blog and actually being so dedicated to it and putting out great posts so often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment