WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Dear Nice Guy Part 4

Part 1          Part 2          Part 3

Dear Nice Guy,

It's been a while since we last spoke, I hope you're doing well. I was talking to my mentor a couple of weeks ago and every time he sees me he loves to ask me how my girl situation is going lol. I told him it was alright, been on a couple of dates here and there, was seeing a girl for a couple of months that didn't end up working out. He was like "Rodmond, for you and for most if not all nice guys, it sometimes takes a bit longer to figure it all out." He went on to say things like it'll be worth the wait and such, you just gotta be patient and wait for the right one rather than settling for the wrong one. But back to you nice guy, this serves as an encouragement to you as well as a reminder to myself. Stay the course, every storm passes...in time. I know the feeling, I really do. You've always envied the jerk, the a-hole who seemingly always gets the girl, who girls seem literally drawn to. You wanted to be him because it seemed like he was the man. Be patient, nothing in life that's worth having comes easy. I know sometimes you think to yourself if 'that time' and 'that girl' will ever come. I'm hopeful for myself and for you that it will, in due time. I know you've always wondered what it would be like to be 'that guy' that seemingly every girl wants. That doesn't need to chase because girls simply flock at him. The guy that can simply do no wrong, I promise you that that life is not as glamorous and attractive as it may seem. And I stand by what I'm said countless of times, I truly believe in my heart of hearts that deep down, every girl wants a nice guy that will treat the right. So stay the course, don't change or feel the need to compromise yourself or your beliefs for a girl. Find the person that compliments you and let it flow. Don't force yourself into something and end up regretting or realizing it's not what you wanted or expected because that isn't fun for either party. So I leave you with this nice guy, yes there are so many people who are in relationships, but there are also just as if not more people who are single and content and truly happy. Be patient, live your life, don't let your happiness be dependent on someone else. Once you find that level of contentment and the right person does happen to come along, that'll just be bonus. Stay the course nice guy, I'm with you, peace.

3 comments: