WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The 2016 Wrap Up

Day 31/31

We made it guys...31 days of straight posts...it's been dope and it's kept me on my feet. My last gift to y'all is that for the month of JANUARY...I'm gonna (not do my best, but DO) post every single day...hit y'all with another month of straight posts. LET'S GOOOOO. But yeah...2016 was a bit of a step back for the blog...in terms of not putting out as much content as previous years...but if you've been with me for the ride...you'll know the amount of posts per year has been getting lower...but I personally think the content has been better...more personal and deep, and I kinda wanna go that route you know. 2016 felt really long but really short at the same time...so here are some of the highlights o my year...

This year I..
- graduated....finally, mama I made it, some nights I never thought I'd get to this point...some days I thought I was a failure, an idiot...but I made it...and it wasn't even just barely getting by either..I worked by butt off and had a pretty decent average
- got another tattoo...sorry mom and dad LOL, probably the most painful of the 3...but just another part of my journey y'feel
- got the chance to teach...with my old elementary school teacher, legit teach a class, run lessons, mark tests and stuff...it was super dope seeing the behind the scenes life of a teacher, interacting with students as a teacher...
- went to all star weekend in Toronto, sad I didn't bump into any celebrities or nba players while they were in town...but to see everybody in one place was dope
- went to a televised WWE event, I've been to like house shows...but to go to an actual televised event  where I could've been on TV...and bro...GOLDBERG was there...holy
- went to my first baseball game in Toronto (I would say Bluejays game but I went to one in New York), sorry but I just can't get into baseball...LOOOL, it's probably up there with hockey in terms of boring...sorry not sorry
- went to a Kanye West concert...which was lit, like dude is a performer holy...sucks to see what he's been up to lately...but that ranks in like top 3 concerts I've ever been to
- became a counselor for the high school fellowship at my church...it's only been a couple of months, but it's been super dope...and some days, I feel like one of the gang...these kids output so much joy and happiness it rubs off on you I swear
- hit 300,000 hits on the blog and reached 7 years...wow, has it really been that long...starting this blog in high school, here we are now...what a ride

But uh, that's all I could think of for the most part, I hope 2016 was good for you. I adopted the motto from one of my favourite youtubers Timothy Dela Ghetto....that things are gonna happen to you in life...but it's about how you react and respond to it you know. Good or bad...you can let it get you down...or you can turn it around and use it as motivation, as experience y'feel. Be safe tonight friends, hope you ring in 2017 with people you care about and enjoy being around, I know I sure will...SEE Y'ALL IN 2017 AND SEE Y'ALL TOMORROW, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment