WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, July 31, 2015

Guest Writer #11: Ghost Writer

What does it mean to be successful? This is a question I have been trying to visualize for my future for the past few years. On one hand, there’s making tons of money to the point where you live a luxurious life but there is also success in contentment. Which one will be the best? Making money is obviously the choice that is the one most people want but would I say that is even success. If you are content with what life is giving you I’d say you are way more successful than the man trying to make the next business deal or the person making $50 dollars an hour. I’ve had a conversation with many friends on this. Being in the profession I’m in, you don’t make that much money compared to the 9-5 office job but rather you get what you make for yourself. At first I really wanted just a 9-5 job where everything is stable but my friend said one thing that really struck me. You work so much in a 9-5 for a small vacation time, but instead if you like what you do, every day will become a vacation. I knew the old cliché statement of “do what you like, not what earns more money” and I always wanted that. All my friends are out there making 20 dollars an hour in some summer job where as I don’t make anywhere close to that. I wonder sometimes if it’s even worth it to be doing what I am doing. However, I’m not in a rush to find out where I am going to go. I hear that the most fun you’ll have in your life is when you weren’t sure where you will end up. Maybe finding your way to success is really what it’s about more than success itself.

Being Content
If it’s one thing I’ve learned is that you should be content with what you have. Stop trying to be something you aren’t. Most of my life, I’ve tried to keep up with people, constantly looking somewhere else instead of where I am. I was never satisfied with only hanging out with one group of friends, I wanted a bit of everything. However, now as I look around, it’s those you put effort into that stick around. I’ve learned to build friendships not fake them. Don’t go for the ones who look best when you walk around in public. Find those who really mesh with you because eventually, it won’t matter who is cooler because everyone is cool when you become an adult. Be happy with what you got. Don’t change yourself just to fit in. Don’t find the ones who will only stay with you because you act a certain way or party a lot. Find ones who you know will stick with you through thick and thin.   

No comments:

Post a Comment