WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Don't Set The Bar Too High

Hey friends, it's been an interesting time as of late...I feel like I'm in a hermit mode right now lol...I've had a lot of time to myself, lots of thinking, reflecting and just calmness and peace, it's been nice for the most party, sometimes overwhelming lol. Anyways...when you're in a relationship, or looking for a relationship, even just meeting new people and friends....you have certain expectations...a list even, of like qualities you look for and avoid. For example...if you're looking for a girlfriend or a boyfriend and you're in a room with like 100 people, you have a list of things you're looking for...maybe someone who plays sports, someone who's into fashion, things like that...and anyone who doesn't fit that mold automatically gets cut off or isn't in consideration anymore. Same thing with friends kinda right? We look for people with certain characteristics, certain likes and such because we know...or at least think we know that's what we'll like and get along with. I'm saying...maybe you need to broaden your horizon a bit more...scrap that list and kinda just go with the flow and see what comes your way. I look at the group and/or groups of friends that I have right now...yeah we have some things in common, but we also have A LOT that's not in common...if I had a list of qualities and characteristics that I was looking for...they probably wouldn't have made the final cut if we're talking about fulfilling every single little detail on the list. What I'm trying to say is...when it comes to friendship, relationships...as nice as it is to have a general idea of what you want and what you're looking for...sometimes, you gotta set the bar lower, because people will surprise you. If you're only looking for people who like sports, like animals, are shy, are outgoing...that's all you're ever going to find. It's when you have no real expectations and have nothing to go by where you really get to know people...you'll get to know some people that meet the qualities you're looking for, but you'll also meet people who don't but you still to your surprise get along pretty well if not better than someone wit the qualities you're searching for. So like when people ask me what my type is or something along those lines...I have very general answers...laughs at my jokes for one, is chill and down to earth...things that anyone can fulfill because I'm not setting the bar so high because I\m open to meeting people who aren't like me because a lot of my friends aren't like me and we get along great. The beauty of friendship is that you have all these similarities but are still great friends despite and because of it. You guys share similarities but are also able to introduce each other to your differences and everyone gets to experience new things. Whereas if there's a group of friends who only like hockey and video games...that's all you're every going to do with your time. So yeah...broaden your horizon, explore a bit...and don't set the bar too high next time, peace.

3 comments:

  1. I dunt think ur bar is low enough cuz not eveyone can laugh at ur jokes and or is chill....

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont settle for less! where is this low confidence coming from???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's not low confidence, it's just being open to anyone and everyone

      Delete