WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My Newest Tattoo

I know I've been mia since 300,000, apologies...life's been getting the best of me as of late, but y'all are used to me loaftness. So I got another tattoo, if y'all care, feel free to keep reading lol. If y'all are expecting like an extravagant story or a super deep reason as to why I got this, there really isn't one. I guess I'll backtrack a bit...I've always told y'all about my fascination with wolves...so I stumbled upon a dope tribal wolf like half a year ago or so and have been planning this tattoo since then. It was still in the idea stage then, I stumbled upon a quote that resonated with me really hard and only pushed forth the idea of me getting a wolf tattoo. But after lots of thinking and praying, I decided a wolf probably wasn't the best animal to get tattooed on my body considering how the bible portrays them. I started doubting it, but knew I still wanted a tattoo, and somehow stumbled upon this tribal lion, which really caught my attention. Then I started doing my research and such about just what lions represent and how they are portrayed in the bible and such. I liked it, long story short, I decided to pull the trigger, at first I wanted to get it on my birthday, then I told myself 300,000...here we are, end of May...better late than never I guess. Just like how an artist titles their pieces of art...if I had to title this one, it would be Grown Simba, a reference to lion king and to simba. Like I said, there's no real deep meaning behind this tattoo...if anything, i represents growth...of me as a person in all aspects...physically, mentally and just the way I see and view life. I used to be very critical of people with sleeve tattoos for example because in my head, how can you have a meaningful explanation for every single one of your tattoos...like a smiley face on your arm...or a pair of lips on your neck...or a celebrity's face on your body...but it's all perception and perspective....to you, it's just a smiley face, lips or a face...or someone else, it could mean the world, or they could just simply really enjoy how it looks.Who am I...or who are you to tell them otherwise, if they like it, it's up to them. Before this tattoo and before my other tattoos...it's always weighing every single possible outcome and making sure that I'm prepared for any possible repercussions or reactions towards me and to it...I ask myself, are you prepared for possible negative reactions and criticisms, if the answer is yes, then go ahead, if not...then really consider if this is something you want to have on your body forever. The other thing I consider is the future...and if my kids ask about my tattoo or have thoughts about getting tattoos...if that something I'm prepared to talk about, explain and be okay with? Again, if the answer is yes, then go ahead...but if you have doubts...maybe you should really think this through. I could go on and on about this, but I feel I've bored you enough...I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and putting myself in your shoes...wow, reading long posts is tiring...but that's cuz I'm not a reader lol, maybe some of y'all enjoy this, who knows. But yeah...I say this represents growth because it does...I think so differently and view life so differently now than I did a year ago, even a month ago...it's all a process of becoming a better person...not viewing others' opinions about me so highly that I feel the need to be someone else...being comfortable in my own skin and embracing who I am, but realizing I have lots to learn and room for improvement like any person does. To the next chapter in my life...I'm ready.

4 comments: