WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Guest Writer #24: Nuji

Day 3/31

I'm thoroughly enjoying the positive feedback from the guest posts, so without further delay, here's today's guest post.

Two Words

What do we want our legacy to be? I challenge everyone to ask themselves that.

It varies by person. To me, legacy means leaving an impact on individuals, societies, or on a bigger scale, the world. There is a notion that you have to be recognized in order to leave a legacy. However, I do not believe this to be true. It comes down to making a difference to people, places or things that one personally feels is important. I can teach a kid how to play a sport that contributes to his life and I consider that as leaving a legacy. On a higher level, I want to leave a legacy that positively impacts the lives of kids around the world. When I read the news, I hear about the many challenges and obstacles kids from different countries face, it really bothers me. I want to be able to help them break down barriers and overcome limitations so that they can pursue their life dreams. Being able to help kids realize their potential and providing resources to help them do so is what legacy means to me.

How do we get there? Two words – hard work

We have to be willing to work hard at all times no matter the situation. To a large degree, accomplishments determine legacy. At our age, we do not have many accomplishments but that is okay. We are still young but we need to be hungry. This ultimately means every morning, we need to have the desire and passion to work hard so that we can eventually leave a legacy.

For any kids that read this, you cannot teach self-desire. It’s a mindset that comes from within. One thing I ask of everyone is to please work hard in school. Use that self-desire to be the best student you can be. Challenge yourself to get the highest marks in class. Do not be lazy; put the effort with homework, assignments and while studying for tests. Over time, it becomes a habit and you carry that work ethic as you grow older. Create a list of things you want to accomplish, whether it be short-term or long-term, and challenge your self to surpass them.

I want to look back at the age of 60 and be proud of my accomplishments. I want to leave a legacy and be remembered for something that positively contributes to society. If you ever need inspiration, watch some Ted Talks videos or Google your role model to see how they became what they are.

Lastly, shout out to Rodmond for keeping this going throughout the years. It’s easy to start a blog and not keep up with it. He puts in the work and he actually wants to inspire people through his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment