WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Confessions Of A Bully

"A bully half my life, bullied the other half
That really weird kid you used to point and laugh
But I grew up, barely avoided being a screw ip
Working on the dreams that my mom and dad drew up"
- RT

Who here has been a bully raise your hands? I sure have...I've been a bully but I've also been bullied...as the verse I wrote above suggests. Man when I was like in grade 4-5, I was a mean kid, I was a rough kid...that's why I always say younger Rodmond would beat up today's Rodmond hands down LOL. I remember just picking on and pushing kids around for the fun of it...cuz I enjoyed instilling fear in people you know. Walking around and people backing away...their fear gave me a sense of comfort and assurance...but it was only assurance in my own weaknesses. Man, I remember some kid was eating fruits from a plastic container and he finished it and put the container on the sie during recess. I saw it...kicked it to the ground and stepped on and it broke...this kid was crying and yelling at me and I just laughed, damn I was a horrible kid. I remember stealing this kid's pen and he cried and told on me and I threw the pen in another girl's desk and I didn't get booked for it LOOL, man I was terrible. But I've also been bullied before too...my "friends" laughed at me cuz I liked to stay inside at recess and play yu gi oh at one point in my life. There was a point in my life where I'd never get picked to play tag or to play red rover and when we all put our shoes in to decide who would be it, they'd never let me play. Trust me...I've been on both sides of the coin...and am very familiar with both. It's a big reason why I ass a person today...I love to encourage people. I think of the old saying sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me....sometimes words cut deeper than any physical abuse could ever do. But back to the encouragement part...I feel like this blog...in a sense is somewhat of a source of encouragement, at least I hope it is...for some people...maybe experiencing similar things or can be inspired or encouraged by my words. It's also why I love being around younger kids so much...cuz they're such a joy to be around (most of the time)...they're living, breathing encouragements for me...seeing them grow, mature, love and take care of one another...I love it. And part of the reason why I'm so big on encouragement is because of my experiences...as a bully and as the bullied. It's made me who I am...being able to understand both sides of the same coin. But yeah, that's all I have for now...see you soon, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment