WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Fake Friends Write The Wrong Answers On The Mirror For Me

The title refers to a Drake lyric...and the Drake lyric refers to the movie Slumdog Millionaire. For those who haven\t seen it, dude goes on a game show...the host is mad cool and fun and chill with him, it's break and the guy goes to the wash room...the host goes with him and they're talking like yo you've come so far and all this ish...contestant is in the wash room, host is washing his hand, contestant comes out and host is gone, but sees that he wrote the answer to the question on the mirror. So resume the game show...contestant DOESN'T choose the answer written on the mirror, chooses another one...game show host is like are you sure...are you sure...you are CORRECT. Meaning...the game show host tried to trick him into picking the wrong answer after like being all nice and ish to him. The lyric fake friends write the wrong answers on the mirror for me is saying like, don't confuse your fake friends and your real friends...people write be all for you and "write the answers on the mirror for you"...but they ain't really for you, they tryna trick you. I dunno man...this ain't a shot at nobody in particular...just observations. The birthday thing definitely sparked this...trust when I say I didn\t lose sleep over it...but it did interest me...like certain people who I talk to on a regular basis, chill with consistently...you can't even wish me a happy birthday. It's like they couldn't and wouldn't...despite fully acknowledging and recognizing it's my birthday and that it takes 20 seconds to send a text. Another thing that kinda sparked this was the softball team I play for...I posted on the group chat asking for a ride and NO ONE responded...has to ask my friend who was gonna be late cuz he waas coming from work...later as we're leaving all I hear is oh anybody need a ride...like everyone's like oh no don't worry, I drove...everyone drove and no one had the decency to respond with a sure I can drive you...or a no sorry, I'm not going that way I live far from you...aren't yall supposed to be my brothers and sisters in Christ. Again...fake friends write the wrong answers on the mirror for me. It made me think about what my friend said one time...you gotta surround yourself with people who keep it 100 with you...the people that TRULY got your back,you can count them with one hand. REAL TALKS...sometimes, I let my guard down and let people into my inner circle too easily, the depths and core of my inner thoughts...gotta be more careful next time I guess, not everyone is as for you as they say, claim they are or appear to be. Who knows...I'm probably overreacting to a lot of this...or I'm not...lol

Managed to find the clip here...

1 comment:

  1. Nah you right on. I take it as you see through the bullshit that fake friends spit to you. It’s a vibe or a gut feeling but it’s rarely ever wrong.

    ReplyDelete