WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Guest Writer #29: Mike Bibby

Day 18/31

Hey  y'all, not gonna waste too much of your time because today's guest post is a long one, but it's deep...so give it a full read, I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

Hey guys, so I’m guest writing today on the blog, I’m gonna keep my identity lowkey, so know me as BIBBY. First I wanna shoutout my boy RT, for giving me the chance to guest write on this blog. This blog has been a real inspiration and just being able to be a constant reader and just being able to read his posts have been a real blessing and has helped me so much. I was a constant reader and never took the chance to guess write, I don’t know why, but I wanted to for a while because I feel it’s dope. Maybe, I’m scared to be judged, scared to have my thoughts out there, but who knows. 

SO I guess I will be talking about 2 things today. Quality and Quantity of life (Yes I know, RT has talked about this b4), and I also will be talking about life in general. So I guess, I’ll start with why I decided to talk about this. I was reminiscing my childhood idol, MC Jin and his music. He was like who I looked up to and as I grew up, I stopped listening to him because I just didn’t keep up with him. So for those who don’t know who he is, he is basically the first Chinese rapper to make it big in the NA scene. He would do freestyles and rap battles. I grew up in HK, and he was basically the HK version of Justin Bieber. Anyway, it was interesting because he came to Christ, and does Christian rap and other stuff which I didn’t know about until I recently picked up his music again and looked into his life. So the motivation for this blog post was from his song Hallelujah, it’s basically a song that talks about his life, and his testimony and talks about God’s Grace. (I’m Christian, if you haven’t realized by now). He has this one line in the song that says “We can all be here today, Gone tomorrow”. When I heard this line, I was like yo damn what the hell, that’s some deep stuff yo. But that is honestly the reality of this world, we don’t know when we will die, we don’t know what happens the next second, we as humans have no control over what happens. I was always a kid that would be scared of death, scared of not knowing what happens and not knowing the future. Even now, during this blog post, which I’m writing in Math Class LOOL, I don’t know what will happen in my life, what University will I go to? What job will I be doing? What if I don’t go to Uni? What if my goals and wants to not line up with God’s plan for me? Just last week, or 2 weeks ago, I woke up one day and I was like “yo I’m wasting my life, I feel like shit, and I don’t feel like there’s a purpose in this world or rather I don’t know what I am doing with my life” and I was talking to a few people, and some of you may think, oh you are too young to be worrying, there’s so much more of life ahead of you (assuming the fact you still have that long in life). I came to a realization and a reminder that God has a purpose for me and I should just let him guide me in life, live out your life and make the most out of your life. I think living life as a Christian is kind of like the song I will Follow by Chris Tomlin, it says “Where you go, I'll go Where you stay, I'll stay When you move, I'll move I will follow” We should go where he goes, where he tells us to go we go, we are called to serve him and make disciples of all nations. For the non-believers, I just want to ask you a question, what is your purpose in life? Sorry this is a pretty big ramble and the post is all over the place, but I want kinda go back to the song Hallelujah. When you die, and you can no longer live on this Earth, could you say you made the most out of your life? Do you have any regrets? I guess what I am trying to say that I’ve learned from the past few years especially, rather from faith, school or even relationships, is that don’t do something you will regret. So if you find a girl cute? Ask her for her number, If you want to get into a certain university? Work hard and get into it, if you wanna be rich? Work hard now and get a high paying job. I am not saying this is going to be easy, but if you want something in life, no one is going to give it to you, you have to work hard FOR IT. I’m not saying if you want a girl’s #, you slide into every girl’s dms (shoutout to rodmond’s post LOL.) You have to be reasonable in doing things. I guess I learned this year in my math class, that you have to do everything yourself sometimes with God’s guidance and stuff of course. My math teacher doesn’t really teach or give out any sheets, and your basically on your own. I kind of learned that things aren’t just handed to you, you have to work hard, earn it and reach your goals YOURSELF. I’ll be blatant honest, I’m not doing well in math, I kind of blamed my teacher for my mark being low, but I realized a good 80% into the semester that It wasn’t just his fault. It’s my dumbass’ fault and that I can’t just blame him, I am given the same opportunity and chances as everyone else in my class. I am given the same tests and assements as everyone else, why can someone people “succeed” in the class and I can’t? I can’t just blame him for everything. I guess the point I really want you to realize is that everything comes from YOU. You have to earn it yourself. YOLO, honestly, you do only live once on this earth, do you want to do anything that you will regret forever? It’s 18 days into the new year and I just wanna leave you with a question, it’s 18 days into the new year, what have you done, I challenge you to make CHANGE. I want to thank you for coming so far but there’s still more LOL. You might ask how does the quality and quantity of life come into this? I feel like in life, we really do measure our success, how our quality of our lives are, and if we’re really making the most of our lives QUANTITATIVELY. Some measure success by how much you make and others differently. I’ve noticed that in life we often measure quality through quantity. Sure, you can definitely measure quality through quantity but not for EVERYTHING. I’m serving at a fellowship, and one of the things I definitely learned is that look at the quality of the fellowship instead of the quantity of the people that come. When your able to see quality not through quantity, you see a whole lot more. I challenge you, to measure your quality in your life. Are your relationships of quality? For me, I’ve come to really appreciate the time I spend with my girlfriend, and to just appreciate the quality of spending time with each other instead of the quantity. In that aspect, are you qualitatively making use of what you have in life? Or are u living out life to it’s fullest? I’m not saying that you have to go party 24/7 and say that’s living out life, I guess what I am saying is just live out your life in a reasonable sense. Life is short, make use of it. If your not making use of your life, or your life isn’t of quality, then change that, tomorrow is a new day. One of my favourite quotes that I’ve ever heard was “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to live or lose” (Lyndon B. Johnson). I want to thank you for coming all the way this far and reading all of this. I hope I inspired you and that you just reflect on your own life. Tomorrow is a new day. Shoutot to RTTHEREALEST for letting me write this long post. If you ever need a bucketgetter, hit him up! Peace yo, have a good day or night. “Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream” (Khalil Gibran).

No comments:

Post a Comment