WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

How We Met #3: My First Friends At Church

Day 3/31

How We Met #1: My First Girlfriend
How We Met #2: My Rival

Hey boys and girls...woah, that sounds weird, my bad...sounds like I'm getting ready for story time with some 10 year olds or something lol. So I'm pretty sure I've told this story...well at least PART of it to many people, so if you've heard the first part many times, I apologize, but there is definitely more to the story. So if you know me, you'll know the current church I go to, well I've been there since it was built...like probably since I was in like grade 7-8 y'feel. So I've known and grown up with a lot of the people at church, it's crazy. So this first part revolves around the first person I ever became friends with at church and the second part revolves around the first group of friends that I met at church.

So this dude...is my day 1 homie...since...well what feels like forever. So when I first came to this church, we weren't in a church, the building wasn't built yet, we were in a school. I had always gone to church on Sundays, but it was like go and come home, no new friends kinda ting...like I was new, I wasn't too social (I'm still not really) and I didn't really take my faith too seriously. My parents got to talking to some of the pastors and counselors and they were like hey, your son should go to fellowship, there's a bunch of kids his age and he'll meet lots of people, so my parents forcefully made me to go fellowship LOL. I was the kinda kid who would like sit at the back or sit away from people y'feel. So I went to fellowship and I picked like the middle ish row, but sat all the way in the corner away from civilization with my hood up, a CLEAR sign not to bother me. I can't really see my peripheral vision cuz my hood's up, but I hear a voice go "hey what's up?" I look and it's this like hella weird dude with glasses smiling at me like hey are you new and such. In my head I'm like dang, who this boy tryna be all friendly and stuff. Little did I know that dude would pretty much become my best friend at church like a decade or so down the road. We still talk about it to this day lol...we'd eventually go on to play lots of basketball with each other, a lot of video games, and see and go through many struggles with each other. We shared hella common interests like our PSP's, delivering papers, our love for sports and our general quirkiness. I'd go to bat for this dude any day and I'll forever have his back, I got you homie...always.

So moving on to my first 'group' of friends at church...which kinda stems off the first friend I made at church since they were his friends and they were the dudes that he chilled with. But I didn't meet them through him, well kinda. The one standout moment I remember was always seeing them play basketball in the school's gym before fellowship. I remember one Sunday wearing a Tracy McGrady shirt and one of the dudes behind me was like hey, you like basketball? He's like yeah we play on friday's like an hour or two before fellowship...and we kinda just hit it off from there...it was jokes cuz it was mainly 4 dudes whom I first met and chilled with. My first friend, his brother...and then two other guys, who just so happened to be brothers as well lol. Who'd a thought something like basketball would be the factor that would've allowed me to meeting and making my first few friends at church.

Looking back now...to those friends, where we are and how far we've all come and grown, it's surreal. Or even just looking at the friends I have now and how we met...sometimes it's like the oddest of origins...it's pretty funny to look back on. What about you...how did you and some of your closest friends first meet? It's pretty cool and nostalgic to think about. See y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment