WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, January 20, 2017

Forever Young

Day 20/31

As promised, here is today's second post. I was listening to a J. Cole song and one lyric that stood out to me was when he said "boy you got your whole life to get old". I started thinking about Peter Pan, who's a made up character. He's defined as a free-spirited, mischievous young boy who never grows up. In the 1991 movie Hook where Robin Williams plays Peter Pan, he grows up and becomes an adult and works as a lawyer or something and neglects his kids cuz he's so consumed with work and making money. People always ask me...Rodmond why're you always so chill or some of my friends will complain I'm never serious and stuff. Instead I would say that some people take things TOO seriously. I love this lyric and the movie not because it encourages you to be a kid and a goofball your entire life. But it's a reminder to never forget where you came from and to never forget the kid inside of you. Don't be so caught up with life and with work and stuff that you forget to have fun, you forget to acknowledge and love those around you. Like J. Cole says...you have your WHOLE life to get old, to work, to stress, to sleep, to die...don't forget the little things, to take breaks in between, to enjoy yourself, to acknowledge and appreciate your friends and family. You'd be surprised how many people I know or see who are so work and goal oriented that it becomes like tunnel vision for them and that's all they see. Yeah it's easy to say nahh...once I make X amount of money...then I'll have fun and enjoy myself...but it's never ending cuz you're gonna want more, it's never gonna be enough you feel. I love the idea of Peter Pan being a grown man in the movie but like embracing his childhood...food fights, fart jokes, hide and seek...all that stuff...I never wanna lose the inner kid inside of me...I've said it before, I feel that's what makes me so relatable (at least I think) to younger kids. It's not me holding on and not wanting to let go of my childhood...it's me preserving the fun, sane side of me that keeps everything in check and in balance. It's the side of me that's gonna have fun and play with my kids you know. I'm not saying you have to stay forever young and be a child for the rest of your life...we all have to grow up, it's inevitable. I'm saying you don't have to suppress that inner child in you just because you're an adult, you don't have to be serious 24/7...that's no fun to be around for anybody. Chill out,relax, don't take things so seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment