WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Does Knowledge Determine Success?

Day 7/31

HEY HEY KIDS, sorry I was just watching The Simpsons. Anyways...moving on lol, this post is gonna be pretty subjective, cuz it can differ to each individual. Everyone's gonna have a different definition of success...is it being rich, getting your dream job, being good at your job, being happy, etc. I feel like when I'm passionate about something or I really like/enjoy it, I take it very seriously and it makes me mad/annoyed when people take it for granted or don't do a good job you know, obviously I'm sounding kinda harsh, which to an extent I am, but here me out. I used to get really mad at my friend when we played NBA 2k cuz he would always ask to play, but after a while he'd be like oh whatever, I'm gonna lose anyways, I'm just not gonna try, and I'd get annoyed and tell him like damn...if you go into life, a test, an interview with that mentality...you've sussed yourself, like just because I'm good at the videogame doesn't mean you can't beat me, which he had done on multiple occasions, but his mentality never really changed. I'm the same in actual basketball too, I get mad at dudes who mess around and goof off or don't take it seriously when we're playing an actual game. If we're just shooting around, do whatever the heck you want, but if it's a game and your'e on my team...don't mess around. There's a big difference between being not good at something but you're trying versus not being good and something and not caring. So there's this girl in one of my seminars who's a real keener...she the type of girl who remind the teacher that we had homework...nuff said. So one day we're all talking in class and she goes yeah I'm not good at public speaking but I need to be if I wanna be a teacher. The thing is she's hella smart and she's probably gonna get anything that she wants or puts her mind do, but does that mean she's going to be a good teacher? Just seeing the way she interacts in class, with classmates and our prof has me like I wonder if she would make a good teacher, I wonder if she'd be able to communicate well with the kids. Like 90% of the job is the kids. When you're a student, you always say things like oh they're a bad teacher, they don't know how to teach, bur when you're at that age...a lot of that is unwarranted because you don't know that teacher, what they're about and stuff. But now that I've had firsthand experience as a teacher and worked as a co worker with fellows teachers...I can fully say there definitely is such a thing as bad teachers, teacher's who just aren't good at their job AND/OR don't care...and that's a piss off/really sad to see. Like genuinely lazy teachers who don't care about their job and more importantly the kids. They spend more time complaining about their job than actually doing it...it's frustrating to see. It sucks knowing and potentially being someone who is good at a specific job but not having the opportunity to prove it or show it you know. I dunno, that's just kinda what I wanted to say...I know it's long, and maybe even all over the place lol, sorry...see y'all tomorrow tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment