WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, January 02, 2017

You Gotta Let Go To Move Forward

Day 2/31

Hey y'all, so I went to dinner with dad just now and it was dope just being able to talk to him about life, school, my plans and stuff. I definitely get my knack for using analogies from him, cuz when he was just talking to me about like life and church and stuff...he used analogies that were relatable and made it easier to understand. Pretty much he was like...you people wanna hold onto certain things so bad that it prevents them from moving forward y'feel. And that made so much sense to me...he was like take 2016 for example...you gotta let go of what happened in 2016 in order to move on to 2017, you can't be holding onto things like grudges or whatever happened in the past cuz it distracts, slows you down and prevents you from moving forward. It made me think of another analogy I heard...like imagine you're in a jungle swinging from vine to vine. You can't swing and grab onto another vine without first letting go of the vine you're already holding onto...otherwise you slow yourself down and risk like falling or whatever, you get it what I'm saying? I guess it was just a good reminder for me...and hopefully to you...that you gotta let go in order to move on, move forward. Letting go can be scary cuz you want that certainty of having the next vine in your hands,s but it's not like that...you can't grab something, then decide to let go of the old thing. You gotta let go of the old thing first before grabbing the new one...whatever that may be for you. But yeah, just some real insightful words from my dad, till tomorrow...peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment