WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, December 14, 2012

From The Heart: Work Hard Than Hard Working

As I look back...on my elementary and high school days...I think back about a lot of things...friends, sports, grades...everything. I've never really been a standout kid. I've never gotten straight A's, was never the most popular kid, didn't date the most popular girls, was never the star of any sports teams. I think about elementary school, how sports, mainly basketball was my life...I dedicated hours upon hours into it...talked about it and watched it non stop...but I've never made a school basketball team, elementary or high school. I've always worked so hard, been the hustle guy, but at the same time, always the guy who gets shafted. Looking back at my old elementary school yearbooks and seeing the dudes who made the ball team, me at that time...I KNOW I was better than some of those kids...it just makes me feel like back then, and even in life...I've never been given a real chance to who how great I am, how much potential and talent is really inside of me. In elementary school, I was halted by injury in grade 9 when I dislocated my knee. I dunno...all these thoughts, really made me think...how I've kind of just been a regular kid my whole life, but I'm been dying to stand out my whole life too. I would always kind of be the follower in a big crowd, but I would always want to be in the middle one day, be the leader. If you'll excuse me, half of me doesn't really know where I'm going with this rant lol. But yeah...as I've gotten older, this blog especially...is my way of sharing with the world, my thoughts, my mind, what goes on in my head....how there really is more than meets the eye...how I'm so much deeper than first glance. Though I may not be the smartest kid, the most athletic, musically gifted or popular...I make up for it in so many different ways...I don't know even what those ways are...but I know I do...I know I was born for something great in this life, I know I was born for a purpose. I know my words are going to inspire and motivate someone somewhere...I just know it...I have the hugest gut feeling. I've always been that kid who was so close, that kid who almost made it, but never did...I always have that feeling in my heart of what if I did make it, what if I did make that basketball team, date that girl, all those things you know. All these failures in my life...have made me work so much harder, to really earn everything that I have in my life. It's made me take nothing in my life for granted...because I know what it's like to see that finish line, to be so close, only to come in second place. I think that's why this blog means so much to me...part of it is because this blog...is a representation of me...it's like my trophy...it's my own personal accomplishment, it's a symbol in a way...that I'm finally being heard, that I'm finally standing out and being my own person, that I've finally made it in a sense you know. But everything...from not making teams, to failed tests, to failed courses, to rejections, to failures, to trips, stumbles, falls and set backs...everything that has happened to me that has try to bring me down...has only made me work harder...all the blood, sweat and tears that were shed to get to this point, to become who I am today....it's only made me work so much harder, made me strive that much higher, to never me satisfied with what I have, but to believe I was meant for more...and no that's not to be cocky...that's just me really believing in myself, knowing my capabilities and pushing myself to my limits. But yeah, that's just me lol...I dunno. Especially when I look back at the blog again...3 years is tomorrow...it makes me think of how much I've changed in these 3 years...or even since high school...how I've changed as a person, as a friend, as a son, as a brother...everything....is so different, but for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment