WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Heart To Heart Conversations and a Near Death Experience

What's good, today was an eventful and productive day...woke up at around 11 ish...my friend who goes to school in Ottawa came over and we played videogames and we just caught up, we talk a lot online, but I haven't seen him since like Thanksgiving, so yeah. I don't get why people say that you can't bond over videogames...that people don't talk...cuz me and my friend, we had a real good heart to heart. I was telling him about how I was nervous about school and the future and we just had a great conversation about that...he was telling me how I'm not the only one that feels like that, how a lot of people are unsure of their future, of what they wanna do in school...and he's a christian too, so he was telling me how I just have to really let it go and give it all up to God...it was a really eye opening conversation and it really eased my mind on a lot of things. After he left, I got a chance to plan for Sunday school tomorrow, should be fun. After that, my brother drove me to my friend's house and we got a chance to talk...me and my brother are close...for brothers who are 8 years apart, we're surprisingly really close, he's 28...but though we're close, we don't really sit down and have like heart to heart conversations, so when I got into the car, something inside of me just kinda wanted to talk to him about life and stuff...long story short, he never graduated college, went in, tried it, didn't like it and now he's been working at Canadian Tire for 6 years...so I was just talking to him about his future, how he's almost 30...whether he ever picture himself doing something else, upgrading perhaps...and it was just a real great conversation to help us to not only bond as brothers, but to get to know one another as people, I told him about me wanting to switch programs, about failing 3 courses, I let him know my honest opinion, how my hope is for him to do something better with his life, not in a rude, insulting kind of way...but an encouraging, you're worth so much more than you give yourself credit for kind of way...I love my brother with all my heart even if we fight and argue, and this is just one step towards us becoming really close and me spreading the gospel to him. I don't wanna be like those siblings who grow up...and haven't seen their brother or sister in years...or only on major holidays...I want our kids to be best friends...to see each other often...he's my only brother...our kids our gonna be the only cousins they have...he's blood...he's family...I can't wait till we all grow up and have big family dinners and stuff. Lol so anyways, on the way home...my brother drove down this street and there was no stop sign apparently, so we past it and next thing we know we see this car on our right side coming super fast and not stopping, my brother panicked and quickly sped up...literally, the car was THIS close to hitting us, I thought it really was going to hit us and if it did..oh man, cuz it would've hit me square...so my brother drove back and apparently, there was a stop sign on the other side of where we were, so that means there must've been a stop sign on our side too, but it was just knocked down or something...but that was so scary lol...anyways, now I'm home just chilling...

No comments:

Post a Comment