WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Random Thoughts

Yesterday after dinner, my friend drove me home and we just had a good hour long conversation about everything. School...to how it's starting soon, lots of stress, lots of work, lots of temptation...especially for him since he's living on campus...not that many people he can trust to keep him accountable and responsible for his actions...but a lot of people who'll cause him to fall and stumble in sin. Me and his other friends can message him here and there...but what's to stop him from lying to us right...he was saying to me he needs someone physically there to keep him accountable and be like hey...don't do this, stop that, etc. I told him how I just really need to work hard this year...it's kind of a make or break year...I either get into my program and go from there...or I don't get in and I don't know where to go from there you know. We talked about partying and drinking and chilling with our non christian friends. I told him how one of my closest friends is a non christian but he's so similar to me where he doesn't party, club or drink for the sole fact he doesn't want to...he just doesn't see the point in it either. I'm lucky enough to have a friend in him where I can talk about random life subjects, normal problems, church problems and everything...usually it's one sided where most people you can only talk to them about life...not like the spiritual side...but with my friend, I can talk to him about everything and he respects my faith and he understands it. We just talked about our family and how we have non believers in our family that we really want them to know God and experience His power. We talked about our church...the problems...the good things....how it's really good and healthy to meet christians outside of your church just to get that different point of view you know. We talked about specific people in our lives who have made significant impacts...we talked about friendships...how when you pour too much into one specific person and say you guys don't talk or you guys stop being friends...you're ultimately really vulnerable because you told that person everything you had. I dunno...me and this friend who drove me home have had a lot of deep and in depth conversations this summer...but I think yesterday's one was the most heartfelt, the most personal and the one where we connected most...I really just felt his pain and the things he was going through...I felt his spirit calling for God...I know he's hungry to know God but at the same time Satan still has that foothold on him...I pray for him...that God calms his heart and gives him peace...I pray that he continues to grow in Christ...continues to do devotions and pray...I pray that God continues to work in him and really reveals his plan and his purpose for him. I pray for strength and courage for the both of us...to resist temptation and to look at the bigger picture..,the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment