WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, August 06, 2012

From The Heart: No Confidence in the Flesh

Sup...so for one of our devos, we did Philippians chapter 3. The verses that stood out to me came from Philippians 3:7-9a, it says "But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whos sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him". This also leads me to the song I just posted called Lead Me To The Cross..one of the lyrics says "everything I once held deep, I count it all as loss"...that just hits me really hard...especially since I put my time, energy, hope and effort into a lot of things I shouldn't be, or are putting too much of that into certain things when I should be putting it into God you know. This verse and the song really speak to me...it teaches me to not put my trust and faith into things of this earth...for they will fade away...and not to put my trust in friends, relationships, people in general...cuz they will fail you...but God...God's love endures forever, his grace and mercy are free...He is always there for us even though we reject Him and sin against Him, that's crazy. To think everything you've ever wanted and searched for can be found in Him...a friend, a comforter, someone to listen, someone to care and love you, to simply be there for you...a protector...a saviour...all those things can be found in God...yet we try to justify the fact that we need a physical presence in all of those things. Or we put our time and effort into things like our phones, TV's, computers....things that not only distract us and waste our time, but prevent us from becoming closer to God. This verse really just teaches me that everything and anything of this world that you're holding on to...it will fade away...you can't have one foot in the world and one foot in Christ...it just doesn't work. It's either one or the other...but yeah, that's just me..."I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus"...everything is meaningless and unimportant compared to knowing Christ...damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment