WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Inspiration of the Moment

Yesterday when my friend drove me home and we were talking...he told me about one of this friends...who went to blue mountain with a few of her friends for a few days and they were all partying, drinking and doing inappropriate stuff...my friend told me, this girl is a christian and all her friends were doing all that stuff and yeah it's easy to fall and just have fun with them because they're your friends and you don't wanna feel left out...but instead you know what she did...he told me she was in her room the entire time reading her bible. All her friends were trying to call her out and calling her a party pooper and trying to get her to have fun with them but nah...she stayed in her room and read her bible. To me that's just crazy faith...crazy self control and crazy love for God. Especially since me and my friend yesterday talked about everything...one thing being parties, drinking, chilling with friends and stuff like that...like if your friends are causing you to sin or causing you to stumble...maybe you should rethink spending so much time with them. I told my friend...you don't necessarily have to cut them off because if everyone cut off the people who have negative impacts on their lives...there would be no one to spread the gospel to those people. I told him...when it comes to partying and drinking...the number one thing is prevention, to not go and not even put yourself in the situation where you can get tempted. If you can't do that and you wanna go to at least chill with your friends...number 2 is self control...to find someone, keep him accountable and have him keep you accountable. Your friends, should know of and respect your faith enough not to try to push you or tempt you to do things you're uncomfortable with doing you know. My friend was saying how lately he feels lost and weird around his friends cuz all they talk about is partying and drinking and stuff and he doesn't wanna talk about that stuff...he likes chilling with like me and our other church friends and stuff...I told him that's God working in him....that when he desires to know God more...he's gonna wanna desire to know God's people more and really get to know others of similar spiritual faiths or stronger. But at the same time I get that sometimes, you just need that non christian person's point of view, you just want somebody to talk to and give you normal advice, not someone who always directs everything back to God. I dunno, it was a really enlightening and eye opening conversation, but whenever I think about that girl in her room reading her bible while her friends were partying...that's so inspiring and amazing to me, I pray God continues to work in that girl and keep her faith strong and that she may spread the good news to her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment