WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Missions Trip Day 6 & 7

Day 6
Woke up to have breakfast, had devos with the team after devos we had lunch...ordered pizza at the hotel and just chilled and went around asking what we appreciate about one another. I love how much we've bonded and really opened up to each other in the short amount of time that we've been together. After that, we went to a senior home and had a message and played games and sang songs...it was really warming seeing them smile and laugh haha. After we headed to the church and did more gardening and weeding outside before heading out to dinner. The church wanted to treat us to dinner after all the work we've done, so that was real nice of them. After, we headed back to the church for our last day of VBS...and it was fun. The kids were fun and I'm definitely gonna miss them, I hope I see them on Sunday for worship. But yeah, after...we headed back to the hotel for a team debriefing and just discussing what the plan was for tomorrow, then we had a youth meeting and random sharing. And after that the guys went down and had cup noodles and cereal with no milk cuz we were mad hungry and just talking and laughing.

Day 7
Today was a rest day...with VBS over and us having Sunday worship tomorrow...today was a rest day. Woke up, had breakfast...did devos with the team and something that really stood out to me was we were asked "after we head back to Toronto, does the mission end?" What's something we wanna get done or something we wanna finish when we go back to Toronto. For me, one of the biggest things in my heart that I spoke out was to preach the gospel to my brother, to really allow him to know the power and love of Christ. Another thing was to preach the gospel to my non christian friends or christian friends who are struggling or falling. After that, we headed to a bunch of Amish tourist sites, had lunch at an Amish place...then went around to a few other flea markets and museum. After, we went to some outlet mall and that was real fun...got new shoes. After, headed downtown for some sightseeing and stuff, got lots of pictures and bought magnets for my parents cuz they love to collect them and put them on the fridge. Whenever their friends want to get them souvenirs they always tell them to just get magnets, so yeah they told me to get magnets as well lol. Had pho for dinner then headed badk to the hotel for a team debriefing and then chilling. Can't believe we're leaving tomorrow...it still hasn't hit me that we've been here for a week and that we're leaving tomorrow...I've learned so much, made so many bonds...but really just learned so much and taken away so many things...damn, I know that God has something in store for me after this trip...I just have to trust in His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment