WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Random Thoughts

Yesterday, I went out with my fellowship for dinner...it was only like 6 of us...but during dinner, we had some funny conversations and jokes and laughs...and it made me think and reflect...of when I first came to fellowship. I was dreading it...I did not want to come, I didn't know anybody and I didn't wanna get to know them. I thought they were very cliquey and to themselves and they always spoke cantonese, I only knew a few guys and I figured I would be talking to them and only them. But it's crazy how God works...he breaks down barriers and His Spirit really works to change and shape you. When I first entered, I met some more people...through similar interests like working out, sports, etc. And I dunno...it's been 3 years...and I went from, being shy, keeping to myself, not really opening up to them, not wanting to chill with them....to having heart to heart conversations with them in their car, wanting to spend more time with them outside of church, going to lunches, dinners, their houses, cracking jokes and making fun of them in a friendly way at dinners and stuff. I keep telling my friends...based on my personal experience, you just really have to give them a chance...put yourself out there, put yourself in uncomfortable situations...let yourself adapt. I constantly put myself in situations to expose myself to that...whether it was going out to dinner with them after fellowship, joining praise team, involving myself more in fellowship...just really spending more time with them...and now I really enjoy it...yeah we have our differences, some of us are really different...but it's what helps make our fellowship so strong you know...cuz we are all different and I guess opposites attract in this case. But yeah...during dinner when we were making jokes and laughing and stuff...in my head, I was just like...wow...I've come a long way...I love these moments now where we have meals and talk and stuff...I've really gotten to know them so much and I've really allowed them to get to know me as well and I feel so comfortable with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment