WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

From The Heart: Favours

Doing favours for one another is apart of friendship. I'm still learning that I'm sometimes a bad friend and have lots to learn and lots of room to grow. Me and a friend haven't been seeing eye to eye lately until today, when we addressed the tension between us. Pretty much just a dispute and minor thing about doing favours for one another...and I brought up the number of favours I've done for him...as soon as I said that, as soon as it came out of my mouth...I knew it wasn't right, I knew it didn't sound right and I shouldn't have said it. Friendship isn't about the number of favours you do for one another, how big the favours are, or expecting anything in return. It's about doing something to simply help that person out of love and because you care about them without expecting anything in return. It's like if it was Christmas or something...and I really cared about someone...I'm going to go and think of a thoughtful gift for them...but when I give it to them...I'm not going to be like...uh where's my gift? You didn't get me one...well then give it back to me. That's not what friendship is about. Like if my friend forgets money one day and I spot him for lunch...I'm not going to hassle him everyday about that money...in due time...one day when I forget my wallet, he'll spot me and stuff like that. I guess I just got caught up in the moment and brought up how he "owed" me because of the number of favours I've done for him or the number of times I've been there for him...that was wrong and I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment