WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

From The Heart: School

I know I joke around about dropping out sometimes...but honestly, if that was a realistic option, I would heavily consider it. School is just so hectic and stressful sometimes. The thing I really hate about school...is that it's all about book smarts, the smartest kids get all the benefits, get the best grades, are liked the best..all that stuff. Now that might now be the case in all situations, you have your outliers...those kids who just work super super hard and get the good grades even though they may not be naturally smart, respect to you guys. Something I really hate are those kids who are naturally smart...I know I can't blame them, but they're just born that way...but it annoys the heck out of me. Now there's 2 kinds of those smart kids...the ones who are smart, but also work their butts of, respect to you guys too....cuz like the quote says "hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." But then there are those smart kids...who slack, who party, who don't do any work, who don't study...yet still get good grades cramming the night before...I absolutely hate those kids...cuz it reminds me of all the sleepless nights I have trying to study and still not getting it, all the effort I put into an essay just to get a C or B...or all the time I spend studying just to fail. I absolutely hate those kids. But yeah...in a lecture a few days ago...one of my profs said...university does a terrible job of teaching you guys. Cuz in elementary school, you're super sheltered, you're watched at all times, people always know where you are at all times. In high school, same thing...you have somewhat freedom, but for the most part, you're sheltered, if you skip class, they call home, they wanna know where you were and why you weren't in class. At work, if you skip work, they'll call you and ask what's up, why weren't you at work. My prof then said, throughout your whole life...people are there to CARE for you, then in university...no one gives a damn about you. If you come to class or not, who cares...if you do your homework or not, who cares...if you sign up for classes or do this on time or that on time, who cares...if you show up for an exam, who cares. He was saying how that's a terrible system, I get that university there's a lot of kids...but that's still no excuse...workplace only gets bigger, yet people still care for you and care about you, you know. I have so many gripes about school...IN THIS WORLD...people THINK that the smartest people are the bosses, that is so untrue. I'm not talking about ball players or rappers, the common, blue collar worker. The thing I hate about school, is that they make it all about the book smarts. I'm not and never will be a smart kid, a straight A student, someone who studies hard and stuff like that, but I'm also not one to slack and loaft...I'm one to work hard and EARN everything that I have. I really hate how people take book smarts so seriously...people will say oh...if you don't graduate, you're never going to find a good job, you won't be considered successful and you won't earn a good living. That pisses me off...because you couldn't be more wrong. There's so much more to life that just book smarts and honestly that will only get you so far. Yeah if you're going into something that's purely book smarts like an accountant, then go for it. But for the most part, in this world...it's ruled by street smarts, by how you talk to, socialize and communicate with people...who you know...how you present yourself...are you likable. Things like that...it really scares me to think that I might...or anyone for that matter...can spend 4 years or even like 7 years in school...yet come out and get a job that has NOTHING to do with what you studied for...like wtf...why did I go to school for 7 years only to get a job that has absolutely nothing to do with that...what a waste of freaking time. That's why I really hate school sometimes, the fact that we work so hard, stress so much...for what...for the fact that once we graduate, we might get a job that has nothing to do with anything that we went to school for. If I had to choose, I'd pick street smarts, it's about who you know, more than what you know. You have to be able to communicate and talk with people, stuff like that. I dunno...this just came out...cuz I was doing an assignment and I didn't get it...and I was getting pretty stressed. It's just that, I know and have seen so many people survive on street smarts alone, and not to sound cocky, but I've been through enough and a lot to be pretty confident with my own street smarts. I've also seen a lot of people graduate school and go into something completely different from what they studied. That's why I hate school so much...but people make such a big deal about it...about the diploma...some stupid piece of paper most of you will probably end up losing or throwing it into your attic with a bunch of other things you barely check. I dunno man...school's a trip...damn...I don't even know what else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment