WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, September 15, 2012

From The Heart: Restlessness

Restlessness...we were talking about this yesterday at bible study, and what it means to rest in God. I wanted to share something, but I didn't feel it was the right time. But you guys know, how I failed 3 courses in school last year, second semester...it was just a really tough, stressful and nerve racking time for me. I was doubting God, I was doubting myself, I felt like I was at rock bottom. But something someone said really hit me...all your successes and failures, wins and losses...mean nothing, shouldn't be that important. Especially your failures and your losses...you shouldn't let it get to you, because at the end of the day...if you believe in Christ, you have eternal life. Sometimes we dwell so much on our failures that we doubt God...but at the end of the day, our successes and our triumphs are in no way as satisfying as knowing that if our lives were to end today...we would spend the rest of eternity in Heaven with God. It really relieved me...that doesn't mean to neglect your responsibilities either...but it means not to make it your sole priority...what if you life ended tomorrow...all that would mean nothing, everything you put your efforts in...your nice car, nice house, your spouse, your friends...that means nothing...in comparison to knowing you have eternal life...and all you have to do is believe. It really relieved me in a sense that I can live my life...win or lose, pass or fail...with a calm heart...knowing that at the end of the day...I can still say that I'm going to sit at the right hand of God.  We were talking about sin...and how sin means just missing the mark. And it popped it my head...the verse, and I finally got it..."for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23...it just all made sense to me. So yeah, I'm stilll going to work hard and try to earn a decent living...but I'm not going to make being successful or being famous my main priority...and I also know that if I fail, if I miss the mark...I have a brighter, better and more glorious future ahead of me...that when I die...I will have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment