WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

From The Heart: Knowledge Passed Down

I was on the bus the other day and I was just thinking...about how my dad always lectures me/tells me stories/talks to me at the dinner table, he always tells me things about what his dad told him and stuff like that. I then started thinking about the future...you should know what I'm talking about...if you read previous posts...I've been talking just about how life is feeling like it's moving really fast and stuff like that, talking about families and getting married. But yeah, I was thinking about the future...and I pictured myself...at the dinner table, surrounded by my wife and my kids...and it was like deja vu...cuz I was the one who was talking to my kids, telling them stories, lecturing them...and telling them the experiences I had and the things that my dad told me...lol, that's pretty cool, how it's like even though we dread it now whenever our parents give us those talks...in the future, we're going to be the ones doing the exact same thing to our kids...we're gonna be like "back then, my dad told me this and that and this and that"...and just all sorts of stuff like that. Now that I think about it...my parents have thought me so much and through all these talks that we've had...it really has shaped me and moulded me into the person I am today...and with each talk and conversation we have around the dinner table, I begin to appreciate it and understand it more and more because I now really cherish the time I spend with my parents and just soak in and absorb whatever they have to tell me you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment