WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 08, 2018

Don’t Overthink It

Day 8/31

So this ended up being the post I wrote yesterday. Still super relevant and applicable which is why I decided to post it still. Side note, I’m at work right now till 12, but I’m working real hard to stay committed to this whole month of posts lol so hope y’all enjoy!

I was debating about going off on something that came up today and just really annoyed me for some reason. But I changed my mind after thinking about it more cuz something inside me said it wasn’t the right thing to do, so I won’t. Instead I wanna talk about something similar but different. I have a real problem with overthinking things. Overthinking in a sense that I’m very indecisive and I flip flop back and forth. From something like oh I like a girl should I shoot my shot...I’ll spend hours debating what to do and have multiple conversations with different friends. Or maybe it’s something like this person said this to me and I don’t know how to reply, should I say this or should I say that. It’s funny cuz my coworker and I had a conversation about calling in sick to work and he was like man I wanna do it but I probably shouldn’t and we had a good 2 hour conversation about that LOL. So I’m reminded of an album that’s called “Don’t Overthink It”. And that’s what I’ve been meditating on for this past like 20 minutes as I sit and overthink my current situation. We’ve all been there...overthinking something we clearly shouldn’t, stressing out on something that fully shouldn’t bother us. Welcome to my life story. I’m trying to fix it...to go with my gut, to just go...to just do. To stop overcomplicating things and stop overthinking things. Till tomorrow, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment