WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Let Go, Let God

It sounds like such an easy concept doesn't it, faith...it's just trust, it's just believing right, sounds easy enough. Man it's so tough tho, and it's one of those easier said than done things. A student in my scunday school described faith by using a poker example, saying faith is going all in and just hoping for the best. All in...not saving one chip here or there, all in...every single chip on the table, but with God...it's there's a sense of certainty that should be there...knowing he'll come through versus hoping he'll come through. I've been very mellow about life and the present...but I've been struggling and worrisome about the future...job, relationships, life...it's a scary thing...and seeing your friends flourish and/or struggle only adds more pressure as well. Let go and let God...to take control in every single aspect of my life. This struggle and journey of what I'm meant to do with and for the rest of my life. The puzzle that is who I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with. The uncertainty and foggy path that is the future and what's going to happen. I'm consciously reminding myself everyday...to let go and let God. I'm reminded of a Francis Chan video, a pastor, where he talks about your life on this earth versus life after death. How we focus so much on this life on earth and what we're gonna do tomorrow and a month from now...but this life on earth is so short, whereas your life after...is forever, is eternity, I know some of you guys might not believe or understand what I'm talking about, and I'm probably not doing it justice, so I'll link the video below. But right now, I'm just reminding myself of hod good God is...and the certainty that is in his plan and provision.


No comments:

Post a Comment