WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, May 10, 2021

Resonate

So I was talking to this one girl and she was saying to me that one of her skills is getting people to open up and I was like hm, that's interesting cuz I never really saw it as a 'skill'. I think it's something I'm good at but I wouldn't call it a skill, even more I wouldn't even say I'm good at it I just think that people find me easy to talk to//open up to because my personality is naturally easy going, relaxed and down to earth. But I will say that you do have to jump a small hurdle before you get to that part of my personality LOOOL. The consensus that I usually get from people when they frrst meet me is that I look super mean and unapproachable LOOOL which is totally fair cuz I def give off that vibe, like serious rbh lol. But once you have that initial conversation with me, most people will tell you I'm drastically different from what they expected and from what they first perceived me to be lol. But I wanted to talk about something different but also similar today. Today'd word of the day is respmate and to resonate with something is do relate, to have a deep/emotional connection or to feel a sense of familiarity. For me, I've learned through sharing on this blog and different platforms/outlets that when you're open, honest and transparent, people resonate with that. I was giving this presentation in class about mental health and I said something really simple like ooh when I was in high school, I didn't know much about mental health so I certainly didn't know about the services that were available to me to help me with it. And after my presentation this one girl spoke up about how she really appareciated me sharing that personal experience in school because it really resonated with her and her experiences as well. It got me thinking...whether it's presentations or the different times I've been able to teach classes in schools or in churches, I've always found it natural to just incorporate my life and my experiences into my teaching so people can better understand it in a real life context. I think for me that's how I've allways learned best or found education the most interesting, when I get too hear from the person teaching me and their own personal lived experiences. So now whenever I get the chance to sspeak in front of people about anything, I find myself doing the same, incorporating life stories and personal experiences in whatever way I can to help people learn but to also make it more interesting. It's kinda like my blog but in real life lol. It's aso not for everybody tho, some people would much rather be like okay just tell me the information that I need and that's it, I don't wanna hear about your damn life LOL, but that's perfecctly understandable too lol. Lowkey I've just always loved talking about myself LOOOOL nah I'm playing I'm not a narcissist, I think I get it from my dad but I just always have some sort of story or metaphor for everything lol I can never just tell you something straight up, there always has to be some sort of life experience that relates to it somehow. But hey.like I said you can't please everyone, there's no one style of teaching or whatever that is going to appeal to everybody. For me, I like to use my lived exxperience to tell stories and get my point across whatever it may be and thankfully, some of y'all out there resonate with what I say...you relate to it, maybe you have a deep/emotional connecction to my words or maybe it brings a sense of familiarity. I'm glad that this platform has given me a voice but even more I'm glad it has allowed for so many opportunities for people to relate to what I'm saying or maybe see and find the words that they're not able to speak themselves. That's probably one of the biggest motivators and encouragements, to know that a lot of y'all really relate and really resonate with what I say, it gives me a little reassurance to know I'm not just talking nonsense or stuff that no one gives a damn about lol. Till next time tho, catch y'all on the flip side, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment