WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, November 25, 2019

Full Circle

So last week was really busy just because I had 2 assignments due and 2 presentations as well, so I kinda had to manage my time effectively and plan my assignments accordingly cuz it was literally group presentation on Tuesday, assignment due midnight Wednesday, presentation Thursday, assignment due Friday midnight, but I also had work in the evening lol. So it was kinda a stressful time, not because the work itself was super hard or complicated, but just cuz it felt like there was a lot to do and I felt a little overwhelmed. Anyways, so I did my 2 presentations last week and I felt really great about it and I also did really well on them also. The reason I bring it up is because after my first presentation, a bunch of my classmates were like wow you're a real good speaker, this one girl was like yeah you speak really well, like a teacher LOL. So fast forward to my presentation on Thursday, after I finished, again a different set of classmates were like yeah you were super engaging and charismatic, you're a really good speaker LOL. The only reason I bring this up is because when I look back at myself in high school, university...even maybe a couple years ago, I would never consider myself a good publi speaker, nor would I ever describe myself as engaging or charismatic lol. I think back to my brother's wedding and giving the best man speech, a lot of his friends were like yeah you were super engagin and your speech was really dope. Some of my friends and coworkers have literally told me like yo you should vlog or something, you have that vlogger voice LOOOL...I've also heard like “yo you should start a podcast, you have a really good voice” LOOOL. Okay, so I'm not telling you this to hype myself up...even tho it was pretty joke s to hear all these things...nor am I telling you there's a podcast on the way or that I'm gonn start vlogging lol...it's just really cool to be able to look back at the shy, nervous and timid kid that I was...and now, a still kinda shy, but more confident man. Part of my presentation, I said like hey...I'm still super shy and quiet, but when given the opportunity to speak, to present or whatever, I don't shy away from it and it doesn't really make me that uncomfortable anymore to do presentations or to speak in public. So it's like...I don't outwardly seek these situations out...just cuz I'm shy and i'd rather not...but like if I'm put in a situation where I have to...I don't really mind it lol. It's just funny looking back cuz I was that kid during presentations who'd read off the slide or read directly off my notes y'feel...but for my presentations last week, I made an effort to know what I was talking about, be able to glance down at my notes which only contained key words, then just go off on my own. What I'm trying to say is...it's always refreshing and humbling to see your own personal growth. When life hits you hard, when you feel drained and exhausted...take a look back at the journey you've been through to get to the point you're at right now. Personal growth is so much more than just physical and mental....but it's emotional, it's psychological. It was really cool hearing my classmates say that about me cuz it's something I've never really seen in myself, so for it to be acknolwedged was really cool. It's kinda like a caterpillar evolving into a cocoon and eventually a butterfly...you see that slow growth and improvement in yourself and it's a really rewarding feeling. And again, growth comes in all shapes and sizes...it's all about progress...whether babysteps or significant improvements...everyone grows and progresses differently, but eventually it all comes full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment