WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 26, 2021

Time & Priorities

Hey guys, it’s been a while since we’ve talked…it feels like I have so much to say to you guys, but I don’t really know where to start. When you’re young, you feel like you have all the time in the world. Not only that but you feel like you can jam pack as many things into your schedule as possible because hey, why not, As I’ve gotten older and life has gotten busier, I’m realizing that I really don’t have that much time to spare. Whether it’s juggling school or work, balancing life or just practising self-care…it sometimes gets hard make time for things like family, friends and fun. As you get older, time really is of the essence, and you begin to prioritize and pick and choose the things and people you put your time into. If you think about it, most people spend 4-5 days a week at school or work and on top of that you have to make time for family, relationships, kids, leisure and of course yourself. My teacher used to tell me that at his age, there really isn’t any time for friends, he’d be at work 5 days a week and on those days by the time he would come home he would spend time with his kids and put them to bed and by then he’s exhausted. On the weekends, there’s marking and spending more time with family that there really isn’t much time for friends unless you literally coordinate that stuff like a month in advance. And that’s something that I’m beginning to see in my own life, as my friends get older, get married and think about starting a family, there really is less time for friends because other things begin to take priority. Which brings me to the blog…this blog hasn’t felt and definitely hasn’t been a priority in my life as of late and maybe even for quite a while. This blog kinda reminds me of that friend you haven’t seen in months but every time you do find time to catch up it’s always love and nothing has changed. As I’m getting older, I find myself being selective with the things and people I put my time into because I don’t really have a lot of time and I don’t wanna be wasting it. There’s family and work which are absolutely staples, then there are the handful of friends that I talk to or see on a consistent basis and of course self-care whether that’s going to the gym, getting food, going for a walk or listening to music. Those have been my priorities as of late and it’s really hard to make time for anything else without feeling drained or fatigued. Oh yeah, as you get older you also just feel tired…always LOL Not even tired as in sleepy, but tired as in like low battery and you gotta recharge, maybe that’s just me lol. But I’ve definitely been putting a larger emphasis on my personal health because I don’t wanna be unhealthy or immobile when I get really old. What’s the point of this post, I really don’t know lol just kinda wanted to talk to y’all and kinda explain where my head has been at lately. I know it kinda sounds like the blog is slowly dying, which it certainly isn’t…at least not yet, when I decide to hang it up you’ll know. But it’s definitely taking a backseat to other things in my life and I’m putting my energy into other outlets and goals. Again, this is by no means goodbye, this is just like a notice in the case I do go ghost every now and then…I’m always thinking about things to write and things are always happening in my life that are worth writing about, but actually putting it onto this blog isn’t really a priority right now, that doesn’t mean it isn’t something I still won’t continue to do. I hope you continue to ride with me on this really weird and rocky journey that life is currently taking me on, I definitely have lots of updates for you guys and lots of stories and things that have happened lately that I really do wanna share with y’all…hope you stick with me for that lol. I hope to see you sooner than later, thanks…peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment