WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, November 20, 2022

5 Lessons I've Learned Recently

Damn, how do I even start this lol…feel like I don’t even know how to do this anymore. It’s been too long, like actually TOO long and I apologize, Life got busy, other things took priority, time passed and here we are. My last post was in June, that’s crazy…I’ve been thinking about posting a lot tho, but sometimes I’m just like man no one cares bro…at most just put something short up on your story and call it a day. A lot of y’all have reached out and asked about the blog which I appreciate. A lot of y’all might not even know I have a blog if you’ve only gotten to know me recently lol. But anyways, this is less of an update post and more of just things that I’ve been learning. But before I say anything else, those of y’all who’ve been reading the blog will know I changed the layout again, moreso similar to the OG layout, something about that bright cream, beige-ish colour never really sat right with me and it was moreso change for the sake of change. So I decided to switch it back but with a lil bit of a twist (just different fonts and colours LOL). But anyways lets move on, the dope thing about life is I find myself always learning, no matter how old I get. Lately, I’ve found myself learning lessons that have been taught to me all my life, lessons that I know, but sometimes forget and need a stern in my face reminder of. So these are things I’ve been learning and reminded of lately, as much as this is for me, maybe it’s for you too.

Not Everyone Is Going To Like You
And that is perfectly fine. I’m definitely a people please and I’d say I’m a pretty likable person, so when someone tells me they don’t like me, red flags and alarms go off cuz it’s like oh damn, what did I do or what is it about me that they don’t like and how can I make them like me? When in reality you could’ve done nothing and they just don’t like you just because, that and the fact there probably isn’t anything you can do to change their mind either so don’t sweat over it. Be you, be real, if someone doesn’t like you, fuck’em who cares.

Your Only Competition Is Yourself
I know a lot of these are probably gonna sound cliché but it’s what’s been drilled into my head lately. Whether I’m at the gym and looking around and comparing myself to others or looking around at my group of friends and comparing myself and feeling inadequate. Everyone is on their own journey and it’s not a race, it’s not about catching up or passing anybody, everyone has their own timing for whatever that might be. When I’m at the gym I tell myself ay man, the same way you look at someone like oh damn he’s strong or he’s big, someone is probably looking at you the same way, focus on yourself and do you.

Stop Overthinking, It’s Not That Serious
I’m such an overthinker and the people that know find themselves constantly telling me to stop blowing things out of proportion and to relax. All you can really do is focus on what is on your plate in front of you, once you clear that then move forward to the next thing. From girls to he said she said drama to what people think of you or how people perceive you…ay man stop overthinking, it’s really not that serious.

If Someone Doesn’t Wanna Be In Your Life, Don’t Chase Them
I’m somebody who loves to sit back and think about the good times and I always wonder if things would be different if me and this person were still friends, if me and this girl had worked out, yada yada yada. But at the end of the day, I tell myself why am I focusing so much time and energy on people who aren’t and don’t wanna be in my life when I can be redirecting that and showing love and appreciation for those are that consciously choose to be part of mine and vice versa. I spend so much time thinking about the things and people I don’t have when I can and should be appreciating what I do have.

Know Your Worth
Kinda piggybacking off the last point, but this is something I keep replaying in my head over and over again. I say it’s applicable for all instances like friends, work, girls, life. But for this particular moment, I’m gonna focus on girls (and for you maybe it’s guys), similar to the whole not everyone’s gonna life you point, I really beat myself up over relationships that don’t work out or maybe ignoring red flags because you “have a good thing going” when in reality, as good of a thing as you may have, toxicity is toxicity and if something is unhealthy for you you gotta know when to cut ties. I’m a firm believer in trying to work things out and second chances, but you have to know when to say when and sometimes I don’t cuz of course the cliché of well what if I don’t find anything or anyone better comes to mind. But again, know your worth, trust that you’re dope and that you’ll find someone who compliments and supports you in a healthy way, through ups and downs.

Welp, that’s pretty much it, it wouldn’t be a return if it wasn’t a long ass ‘tldr’ kinda post LOL. But these are some of the things I’ve been learning lately, things I’m sure you’ve seen or heard or maybe told others. They’re simple enough lessons to grasp but sometimes you neglect it and give it to whatever it may be. It’s funny cuz you can learn the same lesson over and over again but take something different away from it each time and that’s what makes life so amazing and the concept of growth and maturity. I turned 30 this past year and it’s just been a lot of self-reflection, a lot of goal planning and a lot of growing up mentally and emotionally which ,means having to get rid of bad habits, distractions and unhealthy relationships. I wanna leave you with this last thing cuz it hit me really hard when I heard it. “You can be the juiciest peace in the world, but not everyone likes peaches.” Take from that what you will, but for me it’s a reminder to myself to BE myself, to dress how I like and to be comfortable, to make dumb and stupid jokes cuz I’m a goofy ass mofo and most importantly to surround myself with people I can be 100% genuine with cuz it’s just too exhausting and a waste of time having to be something I’m not to please or cater to someone or people I don’t give a fuck about cuz like I said, at the end of the day…you can be the juiciest peach in the world, but not everyone likes peaches. I’ll see y’all soon hopefully, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment