WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, March 30, 2012

From The Heart: Respect

When I was in grade 9, I was shy, I was scared, I would mind my own business cuz I was new to high school, I didn't have seniority, nobody knew me, I didn't know anybody. RESPECT is something EARNED, NOT, I repeat NOT GIVEN. When I was in grade 9, I knew there were 3 older grades in the school, that I would have to work my way up and would get more privileges and respect as I got older. I respected everyone else cuz they were older than me, been here longer than me and know how everything runs. Kids nowadays are so obnoxious and full of themselves. Kids nowadays step into high school and DEMAND respect...I'm like well excuse me...didn't you just graduate elementary school...you're leaving the pond to come into the OCEAN and you're demanding respect? You're still a goldfish and you're entering the ocean...and you want respect? Are you flipping serious..? Respect is something earned, not given. Kids nowadays think they run things and automatically feel they deserve respect when they haven't done anything to earn it. Like little boy, little girl...let me remind you you are a rookie in a veteran's world. You're a youngin' in a man's world. You're the youngest of 3 older grades and you think you're just gonna gain respect just like that. I don't care what your name is, who you know, who you're related to...what have you done to earn my respect? What have you done in general that is worthy of my respect. When kids come up all obnoxious and stuck up like they run things, it really annoys me cuz when I was a kid, I would get smacked up for that but it wouldn't happen because I KNEW MY PLACE. I knew I was in grade 9, I was a big boy in the pond, but I was stepping into the ocean and had to slowly learn the ways and gain respect. Kids these days are becoming more arrogant, proud, stuck up, obnoxious...they WANT and think they DESERVE things before realizing they haven't done anything to EARN it...damn. What's up with the world....holy....

No comments:

Post a Comment