WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, January 14, 2022

An Update On Life

Hello friends, it has been a while. Happy new year! I hope you’re health, I hope you’re happy and I hope you’re doing well. It feels like we have so much to catch up on but I don’t really know what to say lol, this feels a little weird. For starters, the cats kinda out the bag…for a while on this blog I mentioned working on a side/secret project and if you’ve been following my socials…you’ll know that that super secret project is starting a youtube channel. It’s been something I’ve always thought about in the back of my mind and only recently, like these past several months did I really decide to push myself to do it. If I were to sum up why I decided to start a youtube channel, I’d probably chalk it up to 3 reasons (and this is a future video so y’all are getting a super sneak preview). One is that I wanna be able to say I did it, that I tried it and if it didn’t work out I’d have no regrets. The worst thing would be going about my life, finding a random career and constantly wondering what if I did this you know? Two would be, well I really enjoy it, I’ve always creating similar contents, recording my friends, making funny videos, making people laugh, having people relate or resonate to my friends, the blog definitely taught me that last part about myself. I’ve also always enjoyed watching youtube and take a lot of motivation and inspiration from a lot of youtubers. Third is probably the most important one and that’s simply wanting to do what makes me happy and wanting to enjoy the work that I do. My current job only reinforced the idea that money is not enough motivation for me to be at a place or do a job I don’t enjoy. So right now my motivation is doing what makes me happy and doing something I enjoy and am passionate about. I told y’all for the longest time that I was losing motivation to write on this blog, that it started to feel like a chore. Another thing is that it started to feel very limiting, it’s like when you read a book, you’re imagining the characters and the story in your head…but it might not be how the author intended for it to be, it’s all subjective and perspective. Similarly with this blog, when you read my posts you interpret it however you see fit but it might not be how I wanted it to be read or interpreted. With youtube, you get to hear my voice, my emotion and you get to hear my stories and my experiences the way I want them to be heard and I feel like I get to paint a more complete picture you feel. That and just being able to talk and physically share a story is not only easier but it’s been pretty fun tbh. Honestly recording is the fun part, it’s editing that is the tedious and time consuming aspect lol. If you ask any of the friends I’ve had conversations with about this they’ll tell you how excited I sound because I am, one of my friends said he hasn’t seen me this excited about anything in a long while and even that took my by surprise. This might be a random tangent, but I was just thinking of covid and how it really like put a pause on everyone’s life and everyone’s plans for a solid 2 and now 2+ years because everything is so uncertain. Birthdays, graduations, weddings, so many things got pushed back or rushed because of covid and it’s like damn, just when we thought everything was slowly getting back to normal it feels like we took 2 steps back and things aren’t looking great. It’s weird because it takes a toll on you mentally more than it does physically because you start to lose track of days and time, it all kinda blends together, for me at least. There’s really not much to catch y’all up on if I’m being truthful, most of my time and mental space is spent thinking and planning this youtube shit because it really is my priority right now, which Is why the blog is taking a back seat for now. Other than that, I’m just trying to live life and make the most out of the situation we’re in. Things are closed again, no gyms or indoor dining so I mean, lots of food and conversations in the car, lots of walks again lol. I’ve been spending a lot of time with friends and esp family, I really wanna be present and available for those around me and be in the moment with them. It’s been dope seeing my brother and his family over the holidays. Seeing my niece grow up is crazy, life is good man, the glass is always half full. I hope you’re doing well, self-care is not selfish, take care of your mental, check on those around you, spend time with your family and just appreciate life, don’t take shit for granted and don’t take shit so seriously…I’ll see y’all when I see y’all…DEUCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment