WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, January 09, 2021

Things I Learned About Life

So I was having a conversation with a coworker and she was like oh I wanna go back to school but I also don’t really know exactly what I wanna go back for. She’s like because of COVID and being locked down, I haven’t really done anything or found any sort of motivation/inspiration as to what I’d wanna go back to school for. To which I was like well don’t say that, sometimes I find motivation and inspiration just through the conversations and interactions that I have with the people around me. And that got me thinking…in my case at least, I haven’t really been doing much during these times aside from like work, school and hanging out with friends every now and then. The thought definitely crossed my mind of like damn, well since I’m not doing anything there’s gonna be nothing to blog about lol, but then the more I thought about it I was like yo…I’d say a good majority of the posts on this blog aren’t inspired by things that I’ve done or events thatI’ve been to…but rather conversations and interactions that I’d had with friends, coworkers, teachers, you name it. Now let’s go back to the conversation I was having with my coworker, now she’s still pretty young so this is the advice I gave her. I was like it’s really cliché to say, but experience is really one of if not the greatest teachers of life. What I meant by that is just like by living life, doing things, putting yourself out there, exposing yourself to new and different situations…those are all learning experiences. So I told her I’m like don’t say you haven’t been doing anything or you feel like you’re not getting any inspiration. Once you sit and really reflect on the conversations you have with your friends, the interactions you have with your coworkers, even just hearing other people’s experiences…all that plays into your own learning and experiences as well. So all this really made me sit and think about my own life and it’s really true even though cliché when I say that life and experience has really been one of my greatest teachers. It may be different for you, but for me it’s like I’ve honestly learned (for the most part) nothing in school after all these years. I’ve never needed to calculate the circumference of a circle, I’ve never needed to identify all of the provinces and territories in Canada, I’m not really an avid reader either so books haven’t really taught me much. And also growing up in an Asian household, if you know you know, they don’t teach you about things like relationships, sex, how to shave, all that stuff. I just kinda learned myself or through conversations and interactions with people. Things like how to talk to girls, communication skills in general, job interviews, customer service…all these things are things I’ve learned by doing, observing and also through conversation and interaction and also being able to hear other people’s shared life experiences. One of my favourite classes in school and one that I feel like I actually learning things that are applicable is a course I took last year in college called Interpersonal Communication…and it’s all about the art of communication really. Verbal and non verbal cues, being a good listener, being active and engaging in a conversation…it’s all things I’ve known but also didn’t really know and being able to learn it, see it in action and also practice it myself was hella helpful. But yeah, without rambling on too much…just thinking about my own life and maybe this holds true for you…experience was the greatest teacher for me. I was always and still am in certain situations a shy and introverted person, but when I started to put myself in uncomfortable, new and different situations, it helped me learn about life, about people and about myself most of all. The more I was able to put myself out there, have different interactions, gain different perspectives, it all plays into your growth and your learning as an individual and it helps equips you with the knowledge and skills so that you can in a way create and forge your own path with all this information. But yeah, that’s me and maybe it’s you as well…I look at my life and a lot of the things that I have learned and know today is just through living life and gaining experience. So with all that, I’ll see y’all soon…PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment