WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Right Thing To Do, The Right Thing For You

First off, I know it's been a while lol...almost a week to be exact. Sorry about that, this week's been interesting, it's felt slow, but I guess I've had a lot going on. School started for me this week and just been juggling that with volunteering at an elementary school and chilling with friends here and there, time passes pretty quick and days pass without posts and here we are lol, sorry about that. Any ways...there's a lot to talk about, but thought I'd come back with an interesting topic that came to mind yesterday. I was at the gym with a friend like a looong while ago, last summer  or a couple summers ago...we were working out, waiting for this dude to finish with the pull up bar. He does, leaves and goes does his own thing. My friend and I go to the bar and I see her left his phone there and with hesitation or anything, I picked it up, told my friend that dude probably left his phone there...I saw him at the water fountain, went to him and at first he didn't hear me I guess cuz he had his music playing, so I tapped him and I was like hey man you left your phone there, he looked at me, didn't really smile or anything and was like oh wow, thanks man, I appreciate it, then I walked away. I went back to my friend and he was like that guy didn't look very thankful, he didn't smile or anything. I was like yeah...but he said thank you, so it's all good. Which made me ponder this thought...why do we do good deeds...do we do them cuz they're the right thing to do or because we want that gratification, that thank you, that reward or whatever. It makes me wonder why do we do things like give money to the homeless, give people directions, return lost things, help people carry stuff, anything...is it because it's the right thing to do...or is it because it's the right thing for you. Are you doing it to feel good, to look good, looking for a tip or whatever...it made me ponder that about myself when people ask me for help or when I see someone in need you know. The phone thing was definitely just the right thing to do...I've had things stolen from me and I know that crumby feeling and I would never wish it upon someone else. Just some food for thought for y'all, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment