WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

An Update On Life (Youtube, Feelings, Things I've Been Learning)

Holy crap, do I even know how to do this anymore? Damn, I've missed you guys...a lot. Fair warning, this is probably gonna be a long post and it's probably gonna be all over the place cuz I have a lot to catch you up on. My last post was in January, got damn...to be honest I planned on doing an update post like 203 months ago but then I got sidetracked and get pithing it off and eventually forgot. First thing I wanted to say is that the blog is not dead, I'ver truly missed it and 2 million  views is still a very real goal of mine, it's just one that I put to the side in order to fully focus on my lil YouTube dream. Speaking of Youtube, lemme say that it was definitely harder and more work than I expected and didn’t really pan out the way I envisioned it, but with that being said it was fun, it was a lot of learning and there were a lot of challenges…but it was fun nonetheless. Honestly for the most part I took it one week at a time, I’d brainstorm ideas/stories to tell/things to talk about and also brainstorm different foods/cuisines I could try and plan my week accordingly as I had to pick a day to film, set aside time to edit post the video, then repeat that process and I did that for 6 months. Learning to edit was probably the most difficult and time consuming aspect as the better I got at editing, the more time consuming it became because I wanted to make the video as visually appealing as possible. There were definitely plenty of weeks where I’d struggle with thinking of what foods to eat (I know right) and thinking of topics to talk about without getting too repetitive and also making sure it’s interesting. Now that I’m 6 months in, I’m happy to say that I gave it a go and that I tried my hand at it, got some good feedback, learned some new skills and had a lot of fun along the way. But I am definitely leaning towards finishing off the year and then not necessarily calling it quits, but making it a part time side hobby, only really putting out videos for fun, when I have time or when tbe content it real dope (like if I go on vacay and wanna vlog it). What I’m trying to say is that I wanna get back into blogging, but not only that I am in the process of also (hopefully) changing or rather finding a career aka a big boy job cuz if you know me you know I’ve been grinding the same job currently for almost 4 years and it’s time to move on. 

With that all being said, lemme give you an update on life and what I’ve been up to…between juggling work and filming/editing the mukbangs, it was mostly a lot of hanging out with friends, going on walks and taking care of myself as covid was still up and down, things were kinda starting to reopen and people were slowly becoming less paranoid. Funny but also sad story, I got covid around January and missed one of my best friend’s 30th birthday. It was actually really sad but the covid wasn’t that bad thankfully as I was double vaxxed at the time. At its worst it was honestly just a really bad cough, like a deep in your chest cough, other than that I didn’t lost my taste or smell and everything else was pretty chill. This year was a pretty big year cuz my closest boys and I are all turning 30. Couldn’t celebrate one of my boy’s 30th in January but in April we celebrated another one of my boy’s 30th birthday and it was dope, just good friends and family around, he had a like a pokemon themed party cuz he’s lowkey a 12 year old still LOOOL love you bro (you probs won’t read this). Then in May I celebrated my 30th birthday and lemme tell you I went back and forth with wanting to have a big ass turn up vs a upperr small close friends only kinda dinner. I decided to have the best of both worlds and have a medium sized turn up with close friends and close-ish friends and it was such a dope time, being able to look around the room and see people I care about, people I’ve shared intimate moments, conversations and memories with, it meant the world to me. Then the week after I celebrated my actual birthday by going to Alberta with da boiz and it was such an awesome time. Hiking in Banff, Lake Louise, soaking in the views, then we also stopped by Calgary and Edmonton, it was meh LOL, but the trip was so dope. I’ve always been that kid that was super stingy with money because I never really worked when I was in school, but now I’ve adopted the mentality that you really can’t put a price on memories and I’m more often than not down for plans and events and trips with the homies. With that being said, I had a good feeling in my stomach that this summer was gonna be a hella memorable one and it’s really living up to it so far. Going to Alberta, having been to a few concerts already, everything is going back to normal, people are feeling more comfortable being out and about. I’m going to Hawaii in July, a cottage in July, more concerts, more events and stuff, maybe a trip in August, then hopefully after everything settles, it's like alright time to put on my big boy pants and find a career and figure out the rest of my life y’feel., 

 

What have I been learning lately…a lot lol. For one, no matter old you are or how mature, experienced or wise you think you are…there’s always room for growth and learning. And on that note, you can literally learn the same lesson more than once…because we’re human and we make mistakes and not only that sometimes we just don’t get it or need to hear it again and again and again. I’ve been following this page on Instagram called @wetheurban and they just really promote like self-care, self-love and overall, like positive messages and things you need to hear like it’s okay to be in a funk or a rut, deserving someone who appreciates you and reciprocates your energy and effort, knowing your worth, all that good stuff. It really coincides with what I’ve been learning and relearning lately. Like for one, it’s okay to be selfish sometimes if it means protecting yourself, being selective with who you surround yourself with and who you put your energy into. Being 30 now, it’s like I have more core group of friends and that’s not gonna change, everyone else around me is gonna come and go and because of that it makes me weary or who I let into my life and my inner circle and inner workings of my mind lol. Not only that but just like knowing your worth, that’s a lesson I’ll never stop learning because I always find myself going above and beyond for people who tbh don’t deserve it and I don’t say that disrespectfully, I say that in a sense of like I’m going above and beyond for people who wouldn’t do the same for me and I reinforce to myself that that’s not fair nor is it worth the stress. I just was reminded literally this morning as I was scrolling through Instagram to focus on the people who love you and stop worrying about those who don’t. Man it’s easier said that done since I’m such a people pleaser and I pride myself on being a likable person so when I find out someone doesn’t like me or feels a certain way about me, it bothers me. But I’m reminded that there’s so many people in my life that love me for me, that have seen me at my lowest and at my worst and still accept me and to the people who dislike me for whatever reason, who find dumbass reasons to feel a way about me…fuck’em. Life’s too short to be worrying about shit and people that don’t matter. Big picture wise, I really have been in such a good place lately, I’ve been seeing my friends a lot and just having a good time, living life, soaking in the vibes. Summer has and continues to look super promising and exciting. A lot of change is on the horizon as I plan to switch careers, I’m starting a new decade of life, my parents are healthy, I’m watching my niece grow before my eyes, my best friend’s having a baby any day (maybe even minute) now, my other best friend is getting married, I’ve got so much shit to be thankful for and excited about to be worrying about small and petty things. Life is good man and I’m beyond excited to share it with y’all and take you on the journey with me. The blog is back, I’m coming for 2 milli, I hope you missed me as much as I missed you. I’ll hopefully see you sooner than later. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment