WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Your Attitude Determines Your Latitude

Day 13/31

Before I start...if you can take like 5 seconds to answer the poll under the HITS bar to simply let me know if I should keep up with the daily posts or every 2 days...or resume the whole sporadic, here and there posts lol.

Anyways...second post of the day...I could've been like nah...already wrote one for today, let's save it for tomorrow...but y'all are the audience I gotta please and this is a kinda part 2 of the previous post cuz it's very related and I thought of them both at the same time today on the bus after my exam. The title of this post comes from a Kanye West song and it's pretty much saying your attitude, how you feel and perceive yourself determines how "high" (latitude) or simply how happy you are. The previous post was about being yourself...not letting other people's thoughts and opinions change the way you act. This post will be very related to the previous...but it's more about your own personal self worth, self confidence, self image...just yourself in general. I remember thinking about this post specifically on the bus, not the previous one but this one and I got really annoyed and upset just reminiscing about the experiences that inspired this post. Firstly, I told you guys how growing up...I was the kinda dude (or at least I'd like to think) that was nice to everyone. Yeah I had a group that I stuck to more often, but for the most part I felt like I could blend in and fit in with a lot of other groups because my hobbies were very random...from sports to like video games to like poetry, you know. Any ways...I remember in elementary school, I would always chill with these certain group of kids...a lot of them were really cool and popular...I was kinda the other guy, but I fit in...somewhat. They were the kinda kids who would do all the cool things at recess like play red rover, truth or date and all that kinda ish. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but I told you guys I had a lot of different interests...one them being yu-gi-oh. I knew these group of kids who always played yu-gi-oh during recess either indoors or outdoors they would sit down and play on the floor. I was pretty cool with these kids, they knew I liked yu-gi-oh and we would always talk about it and they would always be like yoooo man bring your deck let's duel...but in my eyes, as much as I liked it and liked talking to them about it...I didn't think my other friends would think it was cool or be accepting of it. Nonetheless, I remember one day, bringing my yu-gi-oh cards to school and I was damn excited, I told the kids and they were like yoo let's duel...so I remember during recess, my other friends were like running around playing tag or some ish and I chilled with the other kids, like 3-4 of them...we sat down on the pavement and we were just playing yu-gi-oh...I remember 2 of my friends from the other group saw me...and they called all the other people over in that group and was like HEY LOOK...Rodmond's playing yu-gi-oh...and made it such a big deal like it was the lamest thing in the world...and I felt bad...I remember not chilling with those guys for quite some time...cuz I didn't wanna look uncool, I avoided talking about yu-gi-oh and ish cuz that wasn't cool with my "friends". And present day...I told you how I got real annoyed and upset thinking about this post...because like these guys and girls were my "friends" but here they are making fun of me because of something that I find fun to do...and worse than that it made my other friends feel like they were losers or something. Like what kinda friends...or what kinda people do these kinds of things. I told you guys I've been on both sides of the fence...I've been the bully but I've also been bullied...so I have a real soft spot for these kinds of things. That's why I made it an effort to be nice or at least respectable to everyone I came in contact with in high school...and it made me happy because I had different groups of friends to talk to about different things that I enjoyed in cases one group wasn't interested in that. Same kinda story but different as well, this time it was with beyblades...I remember having interests in all these little things like I wanted to play beyblades with my friends at recess, I wanted to stay indoors and play board games, I wanted to go on the computers instead of go to school dances (sometimes), but those things aren't considered cool and people will look at you weird and make fun of you and ish. Which gets me back to this being part 2 of the previous post...and about BEING YOURSELF...YOUR ATTITUDE...determines YOUR LATITUDE...act how you wanna act, be who you wanna be...if you like something, but other people think it's weird...who cares. I'm that kid that would rather sit at home with my boys playing board games or video games for hours than go to a house party or the club and pick up chicks and get drunk...I'm the kid who still has his yu-gi-oh cards and would gladly whip it out to play ...all I'm saying is BE YOURSELF. Do what makes YOU happy...don't change yourself, your interests or whatever to please a certain individual or a certain crowd. Don't let them change how you feel about yourself...embrace your awkwardness, your quirkiness, your uniqueness, your differences, it's what makes you you. My whole grade 9 year...everyone would always go out to lunch to eat at the plaza across school and people would like chill and stuff and that was the cool thing to do...no one sat in the cafeteria...I was in the cafeteria every single day for lunch...playing big 2 with my homies...kids that other people would consider weird or nerdy...those were my boys, genuinely nice kids who I laughed and had fun with...other times I would play mah jong with my asian boys and like my other friends would be like yo wtf are you doing. All I'm saying is...do what makes you happy...be yourself...if you like doing sudoku puzzles in your room by yourself...embrace the heck outta that ish. Me...I LOVE wordsearches...to the point where I'm super competitive and will talk ish to you...it's  not the coolest thing in the world...but I like it...I enjoy it...and no one's gonna tell me that it's lame or that it's uncool to the point where I feel shameful doing it in public...like heck outta here with that ish. Be yourself...do what you love...don't let anybody tell you that what you like doing is uncool or that you shouldn't be going it. Your attitude determines your latitude, you gotta have a positive attitude, be happy with who you are and everything about yourself...and what anybody else thinks...is irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment