WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Slow Down, Relax, Take A Break

Day 19/20

If you're still up reading this...sorry, if you're reading this like brah...why so late...lol sorry.Today was a super long day...up at like 12, dropped dad to work, chilled at friend's house till like 5, picked mom from work, went home to shower, went bowling with fellowship till like 9:30 ish, went back to friend's house and chilled tull like 1...these are the kinda nights I love lol...loaft nights...just gaming with homies, making food, watching videos...chilling...simple, but it does the job.

This post is inspired by a lot of my friends...who are really busy. I've been here so many times as of late...you kinda lose yourself. When you're so busy and overwhelmed that your plate is literally overflowing. I know friend's who are so busy with school,work and a whole lot of other stuff that they legit have no time to themselves...which sucks. To the point where they're stressing like crazy. I remember many times where I've been like that...like last summer for example...I was so stressed...and it was summer...like I had work, summer school, coaching softball, teaching sunday school and a whole lot of other stuff...I was so busy with just having a lot of things to do that I didn't get to actually enjoy the things I was doing. That's how a lot of my friends are right now...and that's why I've been trying to adopt the opposite mentality. No matter how busy you get, sometimes you gotta drop everything, take a break and relax  I was having a conversation with my friend like a couple weeks ago and she was stressing about how work is super busy, school's coming up and she has no time to herself. My response...was to slow down...take a break...relax. Enjoy the little things in life because soon, you won't be able to....especially when you're a full fledged adult, working full time, starting a family...and it only gets busier from there...having kids, taking care of them. Now is the time...to really have fun, take a break, relax. As important as the future is and planning for it and stuff, I'm not saying drop all your activities and just go wild. I'm saying...sometimes, it's okay to stop and admire just the things around you (it's a metaphor). Sometimes life moves so fast that you forget to just slow down and take in the little things in life. As busy as you are right now...don't overwhelm yourself, what's the point of working so hard and stressing so much if you can't enjoy yourself a little bit along the way. So my advice you reading this right now...as busy and such as you are right now...slow down, relax, take a break. Don't be so focused on the finish line that you ignore the beauty that's around you...from the flowers to the scenery...whether that may be your friends or taking a break to rest and relax...the finish line will always be there, it's not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment